• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Meh. Fact is, every single one of those people out in the streets this week voted for grabber candidates last election and will vote straight ticket anti-gun in November. Most have no clue what the current laws are and are confident that any future CommonSense gun control will only affect other people.

I don't want to place any bets, but there are quite a few of those folks who are realizing that they're not getting what they were promised and paid for.
    Even covered by MSM that they're disillusioned by the system they've supported for decades.

I don't expect a sudden swing to our side, but the sheeple are seeing that the rose-colored world they were told could exist isn't really there. And they're starting to question the narrative, given in-your-face examples of social disorder.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Meh. Fact is, every single one of those people out in the streets this week voted for grabber candidates last election and will vote straight ticket anti-gun in November.

Uh, no.

It's good to be against police officers murdering citizens no matter what else your political ideology.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Uh, no.

It's good to be against police officers murdering citizens no matter what else your political ideology.

The country is being torn apart because a multiple offender and violent felon named George Floyd. Did he deserve to die just being arrested no. Should billions of dollars of private property be destroyed? No! Yet that is what's happening and the leftist what you to think its because innocent George died. I don't buy it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Uh, no.

Except no, wrong.
    If that's what the """""protests""""" were over, there wouldn't be looting, violence, and a unified call to dismantle police departments.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Uh, no.

I'd like to take your side in this, but I see that far more people have been murdered by citizens who are "against police officers murdering citizens".

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'd like to take your side in this, but I see that far more people have been murdered by citizens who are "against police officers murdering citizens".

It's OK to be against both.

Murder is bad. Murder by the police is extra bad because police exist to protect the people. With the special responsibility comes a higher standard.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Murder is bad. Murder by the police is extra bad because police exist to protect the people. With the special responsibility comes a higher standard.
    I think reducing one (citizen on citizen) would have a big impact on reducing the other (police on citizen). The former is a much larger problem than the latter.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Myeh. Not really. People committing violence against the innocent to protest violence against the non-innocent belong in hell.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't want to place any bets, but there are quite a few of those folks who are realizing that they're not getting what they were promised and paid for.
    Even covered by MSM that they're disillusioned by the system they've supported for decades.

I don't expect a sudden swing to our side, but the sheeple are seeing that the rose-colored world they were told could exist isn't really there. And they're starting to question the narrative, given in-your-face examples of social disorder.

That's not my read at all. My read is that people have simply entrenched further into their existing views, not changed them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
    Jump to searchPsychological stress experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent

People can hold two opposite ideas.
    They will want to ban the police AND guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The riots scared a lot of people. I'm sure we won some over to our side.

There is a whole generation of folks who did not believe that there could be anarchy/terrorism in their streets.

While it's very woke to talk this up about race, not everyone is fooled. :twocents:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If and when the Democrats get the White House and big enough majorities in the Senate and House of Representatives, so accelerates the dismantlement off the Second Amendment. And the longer the Judicial Branch takes to sort things out, the less citizens will be motivated to resist such tyranny.

And it isn’t just the Democrats. Hell, look at Ronald Reagan did. Look what Trump did to bump stocks.

It’s an uphill battle but one we must always fight.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Well, the big push to "defund" and eliminate the Police puts a very serious damper on the gun controllers argument that "you don't need a gun because the Police will protect you".
    Kind of like having your cake and eat it, too.
    I'll take my chances defending myself and my family, thankyou.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, the big push to "defund" and eliminate the Police puts a very serious damper on the gun controllers argument that "you don't need a gun because the Police will protect you".

Does it, though? Because the Venn diagram of "abolish the police" and "enact gun control" is a freakin' circle. These people actually believe that if you get rid of the cops and get rid of the guns there will simply be no more crime. There are no criminals, just poor over-policed minorities and people driven crazy by the magic power of holding a gun.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    WTF is Bloomberg posting on LinkedIn? Is he looking for a job or for employees? That's what LinkedIn is for, period. If it's become just another social media platform, then I may need to reconsider my membership there.

It has been drifting that way for years.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    People can hold two opposite ideas.
    They will want to ban the police AND guns.

If you think that these are opposite ideas in the heads of those protesting, you aren't hearing what they are saying.

The protesters believe that at least certain portions of the American populace are less safe with the police than they would be if police force didn't exist.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you think that these are opposite ideas in the heads of those protesting, you aren't hearing what they are saying.

The protesters believe that at least certain portions of the American populace are less safe with the police than they would be if police force didn't exist.

If they mean less safe to commit crimes, then I'd agree. I'm going to keep saying what I've been saying all along. Address the problem of young black males killing other young black males first. I think you'll find that, if addressed, the problem of violent police encounters will be reduced significantly.

Stereotypes develop for a reason. If you want to stop being treated like a criminal, then tell the criminals in your midst to stop behaving like criminals. If you want to protest for peace and equality, then condemn those around you that are burning down businesses.

“We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Top Bottom