Theaters….What not to do, unless you're idiots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So wife and I went to see Indepndence Day on the 4th of July……we were the only ones in there!! Told the wife not to worry, just before movie starts someone will come in and set right in front of us…..LOL. We were about 5 rows down and and in 3 seats…..the only other people to come in was about 5 minutes later……2 teens said, hey look there are only 2 other people in here." Thats when Dad, about 45 and his wife, 2 teen sons and a older gentlemen cam in, and the Dad leading the pack walked past us and then in, sitting the entire family in front of us. My wife was almost speechless. You can't make this up, they sat right in front of us…….the entire theater and they pick the row and seats in front of us!!!!! We thought about moving in front of them and leaning back with our arms behind our head……..but we got up and moved back one row……I know its a free country and they were entitled to sit anywhere…..but are you kidding me. My wife kept saying how can anyone be that rude? I said they aren't rude, they are just that stupid !!!! Can't blame the teens or older guy, but what a idiot dad. No wonder our country is going down the toilet…..LOL.

Anyone top this?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A number of years ago, when we bought new cars, we had just bought a new Pontiac Grand Prix. My wife loved that car. One day, she went to the mall or somewhere like than and parked at the end of a row, away from where everyone else was parking. When she came out of the store, some jerk decided to park right next to her...so close, she could barely get her door open. And no, the lot had not filled up since she went in. Jerks are everywhere.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't been to a movie in many years, don't plan to go ever again, no value to it anymore.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So, when I go to a movie, I try and find a good centered seat fairly high up. Last time I went, a kid probably 13 or so came in and sat down next to me, when there were plenty of seats everywhere. Then he asked me to move over as his dad was coming in.

I just about fell over, and said "no thank you". There were literally seats everywhere. It would have been different had the theater been packed up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, when I go to a movie, I try and find a good centered seat fairly high up. Last time I went, a kid probably 13 or so came in and sat down next to me, when there were plenty of seats everywhere. Then he asked me to move over as his dad was coming in.

I just about fell over, and said "no thank you". There were literally seats everywhere. It would have been different had the theater been packed up.

We always try and get in early and find the exact center for the best view and sound and yes......we tend to draw a crowd.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This works for me:

act as if you have a cold. Wipe your nose on your sleeve as they're walking past.

if they don't keep walking, step up your game.

ask your wife, "do you have any tithues" in your sickest voice.

finally, dip your finger tips into your beverage, sneeze/cough, and flick your fingers at the back of their heads.

They should leave or get confrontational and leave, but regardless they'll be gone. Say, "thorry guyth, I'm thhick"

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This works for me:

act as if you have a cold. Wipe your nose on your sleeve as they're walking past.

if they don't keep walking, step up your game.

ask your wife, "do you have any tithues" in your sickest voice.

finally, dip your finger tips into your beverage, sneeze/cough, and flick your fingers at the back of their heads.

They should leave or get confrontational and leave, but regardless they'll be gone. Say, "thorry guyth, I'm thhick"

I just haven't felt the same since we got back from Rio...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I met a friend at the showplace in Bloomington on the west side to see a movie. It has a pretty big parking lot and it was a matinee and it was largely empty. We ended up parking about 100 yards from the building with the nearest other vehicles being about 30 yards closer to the theater. We did this because we both drove and this allowed us to find each other easily in the parking lot and since neither of us have any mobility issues, we left the closer spots for those folks who have kids, do not get around as well as we do, etc.

After the movie let out, we walked to our cars to see that the parking lot was still largely empty, except that someone had parked directly next to our vehicles (with the next closest 20-40 spaces still open in the parking lot). When we got to our vehicles, we noticed that not only had this person parked directly next to us, (behind my friend's truck) they had actually made contact with my friends truck and their bumper was pressing firmly against his bumper (no damage that we saw, but the vehicles were in contact and when he took his out of gear, it rocked back from the pressure applied by the other car).

Not only had this person parked adjacent to us out of all the open spots, they actually pulled forward until they made contact with his truck and pushed it back on it's suspension. What the hell? Sometimes you just can't win.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    So wife and I went to see Indepndence Day on the 4th of July……we were the only ones in there!! Told the wife not to worry, just before movie starts someone will come in and set right in front of us…..LOL. We were about 5 rows down and and in 3 seats…..the only other people to come in was about 5 minutes later……2 teens said, hey look there are only 2 other people in here." Thats when Dad, about 45 and his wife, 2 teen sons and a older gentlemen cam in, and the Dad leading the pack walked past us and then in, sitting the entire family in front of us. My wife was almost speechless. You can't make this up, they sat right in front of us…….the entire theater and they pick the row and seats in front of us!!!!! We thought about moving in front of them and leaning back with our arms behind our head……..but we got up and moved back one row……I know its a free country and they were entitled to sit anywhere…..but are you kidding me. My wife kept saying how can anyone be that rude? I said they aren't rude, they are just that stupid !!!! Can't blame the teens or older guy, but what a idiot dad. No wonder our country is going down the toilet…..LOL.

Anyone top this?

First World Problems. :n00b:;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Stupidity and ignorance abound, but the worst is people being inconsiderate asshats. Most people are so absorbed in what they're doing, they don't give a single thought about how it impacts anyone around them. Truly sad times we live in.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We always sit in the lowest row of the second tier. No one in front of us.

For a large number of people, the world simply doesn't exist 5' from their head. They simply don't see it. No concept at all. Much like a little kid that has never grown up.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    As far as the theatre goes...there is a sweet spot I always try to sit in. If there are other people near that sweet spot I assume they are there because they like it too. That being said, if the theatre is mostly empty and you sit right in front of me I'll put on a better sneeze performance than you'll ever see on Broadway. That usually does the trick. If you sitright next to me I'll ask you questions about the movie non stop until you move.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I agree. There is a sweet spot in every theater. I'm going to sit in it unless all those seats are full. Yes I will sit directly in front of you. If you don't like it, go sit in the front row or on the side. Talk about feeling entitled. start your bs fake sneezing bit, be ready for my real farts.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I agree. There is a sweet spot in every theater. I'm going to sit in it unless all those seats are full. Yes I will sit directly in front of you. If you don't like it, go sit in the front row or on the side. Talk about feeling entitled. start your bs fake sneezing bit, be ready for my real farts.

:):

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Manners are becoming a thing of the past. Being an A hole seems to be a badge of honor these days. You see it all over social media, on tee shirts, bumper stickers, everywhere - "I have no ****'s to give" seems to be the growing attitude of an entire generation.

Like you, I realize people have rights and they are entitled. However, we should want to live along side everyone else and get along...try to be civil...hold our tongues and our opinions when it will ease tension and ensure a more harmonious outcome. I'm a go along - get along guy. There are a lot of people like me. We are shrinking in numbers.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Just so I understand this correctly - even though we all paid the same price for the tickets - you get to select the best seats (because you arrived first of course) and then no one is allowed to sit near you or you will start sneezing on them or talking to them throughout the movie to get them to move? WTF. If the most important thing to you is to not have anyone sit next to you - why select those seats? I thought this thread was comical at first. Now I think it just sad.

Top Bottom