• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Hopefully half the D××N neighborhood moves out and the owners of the places go broke. Ship them to North Korea and see how they like trying to do business there!

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I never have and never will live anywhere with any kind of homeowner's association, etc. My property; I won't let someone else tell me what I can and can't do on it. Have been looking at real estate and homes for the past few months, and told the realtor NOTHING with any kind of HOA, and she just couldn't understand why I would demand something like that. :n00b::dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Unfortunately, it goes much farther than just an HOA. City/town ordinances, county zoning and ordinances, state laws, federal regulations, etc.... SOMEONE is going to tell us what we can and cannot do on our property. The price of living in a "civilized" society, I guess.

Sucks that the old man can't fly his flags, though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unfortunately, it goes much farther than just an HOA. City/town ordinances, county zoning and ordinances, state laws, federal regulations, etc.... SOMEONE is going to tell us what we can and cannot do on our property. The price of living in a "civilized" society, I guess.

Sucks that the old man can't fly his flags, though.

Of course, but there are varying degrees of intrusion. I understand I can't begin operating a hog farm in a residential zoned neighborhood. I understand the logic behind that.

I've yet to see a city ordinance or federal regulation against having a basketball hoop attached to my garage or having a mailbox that isn't black and set dimensions. That's the kind of petty BS that HOAs enforce.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's a contract, signing ANY contract without knowing exactly what is in it is asinine. Throwing a tantrum after the fact is silly.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    While I do feel for the marine, he should have read the contract. Or not picked to live in a place with a HOA. I lived in such a place for over 10 years and I must say they are absolutely useless.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The guy and his wife moved into that home voluntarily. The report doesn't indicate the rule(s) changed after they moved in so I think I'm correct in believing they knew what they were signing onto. I don't blame him for trying to change the rules...it doesn't hurt to ask; it doesn't hurt to campaign for change. But he shouldn't get special privileges just because of who he is.

Top Bottom