There are cars at the TRACK! Put away your guns and grab your beers!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It lost me when it went international. It seemed like it was more exciting when you felt like you knew the drivers and owners, knew the rivalries. Then it seemed like suddenly it was people you never heard of.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Have had the live testing on the TV just as background noise in the room. One question that keeps coming up on this end is if this is open to the public and free, where are the spectators? Looks like Indy is gonna have to follow NASCAR's lead and paint the seats different colors to give the impression they're occupied.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Have had the live testing on the TV just as background noise in the room. One question that keeps coming up on this end is if this is open to the public and free, where are the spectators? Looks like Indy is gonna have to follow NASCAR's lead and paint the seats different colors to give the impression they're occupied.

The only place you can sit is in the grandstands in between turns 1 & 2 on the inside of the track. They don't want to have to hire yellow shirts just for a testing day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It lost me when it went international. It seemed like it was more exciting when you felt like you knew the drivers and owners, knew the rivalries. Then it seemed like suddenly it was people you never heard of.

Big money. Great big money. No more part time teams. Big money.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It was originally billed as an international sweepstakes that featured international drivers.

Here is a list of the first 6 winners before WWI intervened:

qW86mGb.png

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Theres been more people at the track for testing the last two days than any other year. Indy is coming back strong and its because of the people willing to drop the coin on them fancy box seats as made fun above. The people who **** and get drunk in the infield arent what keeps the track open

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What is the gate check like at the track? I have tickets to a suite and I pits.
    Are they actually searching for guns or knives?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    OK, so I'm going for the first time - what do I need to know? :dunno:

Are you traveling with somebody that has been there before, or completely on you own? Just want to know if you need advice on race day traffic or not.

Are you planning to take food, or buy it there? I look forward to the Teriyaki Shish-Kabobs all year. If you are taking a cooler be aware that there are size restrictions. It is worth it to have plenty of liquids available to drink. No glass bottles! I used to always take food, but now days I just take drinks and buy the food.

Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses if you aren't under cover.

Earplugs are optional with the twin-turbo engines, but I still use them.

People often take a lot more stuff than that, but I travel light.

Use the bathroom about 30-45 minutes before the scheduled start of the race, you don't want to miss any of the things leading up to the start or the start itself.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was at the track yesterday for a meeting while they were running practice laps. I have to say it was pretty cool. However, my meeting was in a Gasoline Alley suite with pit passes, etc. Not sure I would want to do the grandstands for all day.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll probably go down on Friday, meet my friend and camp out. He's got us tickets in Section A.

Plan B is drive down in the morning.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Are you traveling with somebody that has been there before, or completely on you own? Just want to know if you need advice on race day traffic or not.

Are you planning to take food, or buy it there? I look forward to the Teriyaki Shish-Kabobs all year. If you are taking a cooler be aware that there are size restrictions. It is worth it to have plenty of liquids available to drink. No glass bottles! I used to always take food, but now days I just take drinks and buy the food.

Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses if you aren't under cover.

Earplugs are optional with the twin-turbo engines, but I still use them.

People often take a lot more stuff than that, but I travel light.

Use the bathroom about 30-45 minutes before the scheduled start of the race, you don't want to miss any of the things leading up to the start or the start itself.

I would add binoculars to the list of must have items.

-rvb

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Making a list...
    • Earplugs
    • Binoculars
    • Sunscreen
    • Hat
    • Beer
    • Maybe some snacks

I see there's a concert on Saturday... wait... Sam Hunt? Isn't that the guy that sings about his girl being like a back road? Why? Does he like his girls lumpy, dirty, poorly maintained, littered with old road kill? Does he only "travel" on his girlfriend when the main roads are being used by too many others?

Bro Country has got to be the dumbest...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sam Hill?

Mike Hunt?
    IKR?

There's a reason pop stars change their names.

It's an incredibly awful song that I won't post. I was forced to listen to it at a wedding on Saturday. And speaking of, when did Nashville start pumping out songs specifically for daddy-daughter dances? Can you imagine some record exec trying that thirty years ago? "OK, Waylon, weddings are big business. We need you to write a song about seeing you little daughter grow up and how proud you are to walk her down the isle and give her to the man of her dreams. Remember, it's got to be really, really sappy so we sell a lot of albums."

:puke:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'll probably go down on Friday, meet my friend and camp out. He's got us tickets in Section A.

Plan B is drive down in the morning.

If you are sitting in Section A, be aware that after the race they open a gate right about there that allows you to walk out onto the track after the race. You can get excellent photos of the winner taking the victory lap. It's not a huge deal or anything, but it's kind of neat and the traffic following the race is horrible so you really don't have anything better to do anyway.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you are sitting in Section A, be aware that after the race they open a gate right about there that allows you to walk out onto the track after the race. You can get excellent photos of the winner taking the victory lap. It's not a huge deal or anything, but it's kind of neat and the traffic following the race is horrible so you really don't have anything better to do anyway.

:D

Top Bottom