there is ALWAYS a firearm involved in LE encounters.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Pretty horrible thing to happen. Prayers to his family.
    I thought most police agencies mandated level 3 holsters. If those aren't safe from being snatched, what is?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I thought most police agencies mandated level 3 holsters. If those aren't safe from being snatched, what is?

I have no idea what he had so I won't speculate, but AFAIK L2 is still the norm. Some are going to what I call L2+, a holster advertised as L2 but has 3 methods. I preference L3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Bad deal. Reason not to open carry.

Everybody does know that NOBODY can be 100% on guard 100% of the time, right? Even if you CC, a guy can just kick your a$$ and take your gun anyway. I know a person who can take your gun from you with it pointed right at him..... The only way to keep a weapon 100% secure is to leave it in the gunsafe. We must accept some amount of risk, or we can't even leave the house in the morning.

When you are confronting a police officer, the confidence that he is packing a gun is pretty high....... I don't expect that police CCing their weapons will show much of an increase in security.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Not to mention, police actively engage in the pursuit of criminals. Those criminals do not want to go away in cuffs. An OCing citizen is not the same.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Everybody does know that NOBODY can be 100% on guard 100% of the time, right? Even if you CC, a guy can just kick your a$$ and take your gun anyway. I know a person who can take your gun from you with it pointed right at him..... The only way to keep a weapon 100% secure is to leave it in the gunsafe. We must accept some amount of risk, or we can't even leave the house in the morning.

When you are confronting a police officer, the confidence that he is packing a gun is pretty high....... I don't expect that police CCing their weapons will show much of an increase in security.

Agree. No point in a LEO CC. Maybe they shouldn't have guns at all. After all, what's the number of police shootings across the pond? It's for the children.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Sympathies for the man's family.

Once again, a "crazed", or "disturbed" individual according to the article.

Top Bottom