• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Does anyone have any info or opinions on Thermold Magazines for an AR-15? I dont know anything about them and found some at a gun store @ a very good price, if they are worth it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think they're fine. If you get a deal like by 3 get 1 free, get them. Or if they're under $10 each try one.

I'm thinking they are or were canadian standard issue.

gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I think they're fine. If you get a deal like by 3 get 1 free, get them. Or if they're under $10 each try one.

I'm thinking they are or were canadian standard issue.

I just read an artical that said they are trying become the US Military issue instead of metal Mags.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have used a few in the past..after a couple of hundred rounds the edges of the feed lips cracked.

I now have PMAGS..way better than the Thermolds. I have one PMAG that has nearly 12,000 rounds run through it. All I did was change the mag spring.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Several years ago,they were 80 dollars apiece. If there made in Wilson NC,there fine,if there from Canada,the quality is not as good. I have several of them and they all feed fine.Only thing bad I've read about the new ones are they melt w/ fullauto.
    Ive been in the market for some more myself,seen them from 12 to 30 bucks eack.

gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Several years ago,they were 80 dollars apiece. If there made in Wilson NC,there fine,if there from Canada,the quality is not as good. I have several of them and they all feed fine.Only thing bad I've read about the new ones are they melt w/ fullauto.
    Ive been in the market for some more myself,seen them from 12 to 30 bucks eack.

I just found them for : 20 Round - $4.99 30 Round - $6.99.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont have any of the Master Molder mags,I believe those are the ones from Canada.
    But for that price it would be worth a shot.
    I just looked at mine,they are dated 1990,made By D and D in Wilson N. Carolina. If you fine them, I know there good, Master Mold,I couldnt say,yey or nay. Like I said I'm looking for somemore myself,so I'll be picking up a couple,I'll let you know how they compare to the older ones.

Top Bottom