Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What did you think about that?

Simple.
    One: This is not a democracy, it's a Constitutional Republic. I'd think a former lecturer on the subject of the Constitution or y'know, a guy who claims to be the President would know that. Especially if it's the same guy.
    Two: Voting in American elections is a privilege of citizenship, not a right. Rights are inherent to all men by virtue of birth, not by the location of their birth, and just as we have no vote in California or NY or Illinois, those who are not citizens do not have a vote in the US, and for the same reason: Non-citizenship.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If a bill was always obviously "unconstitutional," there would be no reason for the Supreme Court, nor most courts in general. You would effectively be eliminating a third of our government..... and probably the most important.

You've made this claim before, Kut, and while I see your point, I don't agree with it. One does not need to be invested with a specific black robe to be able to read plain English.

Case in point: Let us say for the sake of the example that Obama were to decide as C-in-C that he was going to save money on military housing and wrote an executive order that included the housing of three soldiers in your house. Note that neither he nor anyone else asked you, the decision was simply made that it would happen.

Is this Constitutional or is it not? Please give your reasoning for your answer. I contend that there is, in fact, a definitive answer, without any equivocation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You've made this claim before, Kut, and while I see your point, I don't agree with it. One does not need to be invested with a specific black robe to be able to read plain English.

Case in point: Let us say for the sake of the example that Obama were to decide as C-in-C that he was going to save money on military housing and wrote an executive order that included the housing of three soldiers in your house. Note that neither he nor anyone else asked you, the decision was simply made that it would happen.

Is this Constitutional or is it not? Please give your reasoning for your answer. I contend that there is, in fact, a definitive answer, without any equivocation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Such an executive order would clearly be a violation of the Constitution. And when challenged, I would fully expect the Judicial Branch to strike it down. If the president did issue such ridiculous order, save a ridiculously hard 3/4 vote, in Congress, to get it removed, the Judicial Branch is the only option to remedy this breech with relative ease.

If a proposed bill is so blatantly un-Constitutional, then it should have never made it out of committee in the first place (which is one of those things they address ). If a bill makes it to the floor, it should be voted on, constitutional or not. If bills that make it out of committee, only to go through another hoop to determine solely it's validity, then that person/party/group has gained a TREMENDOUS amount of political power, and severely weakened the courts, given that they get the first crack a law's legality over the Judiciary.

Keep in mind, that Federal Justices serve for life as a check on political bullying. Those that would be making the decisions on such bills/proposed laws, would have not such protection (at least as far as the Constitution is concerned), and would, without a doubt be easily influenced by party, regional, or what have you concerns. It's literally a "king maker" position, and IMO would be disasterous.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    They want a vote, I think we should give it a vote. It cannot pass the House and it may not even be able to pass the Senate, therefore it can not become law. Lets give them a firm "NO!" so that they can drop the issue.

lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    "Gabby Giffords deserves a vote. The families of Newtown deserve a vote. The families of Aurora deserve a vote," Obama thundered, referencing the countless individuals touched by gun violence. "They deserve a vote."

None of these people deserve a vote if that vote takes away my 2nd Amendment rights!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Sorry, according to Matthews and some other un-notables from the septic cess pool media, taking that drink of water in his rebuttal will disqualify him from being the next POTUS :n00b::rolleyes:

I told my wife that he looked thirsty, and his voice sounded dry.......we got a chuckle when he went for the drink and he made light of it this morning when interviewed! I think he will be a contender for 2016 and as of now I would very much consider voting for him!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Here is what they do deserve. They deserve investigating real solutions, deterrents, fixes, protection, parenting, societyfix or whatever (pick one or many of right words and perhaps some I did notthink of). It is not a magic bullet or lack thereof. It is probably several. Here are some of the things that need to beaddressed. I will say many of these are not the cause by themselves, but may play a contributing factor.

Armed and trained security/administrators/teachers
    Eliminating gun free zones
    Better building security
    Better parenting/family life (geeze get offyour phone and TV and be a parent!)
    Addressing violence in the media
    Addressing the glorification of thesemurderers in the irresponsible media
    Address the lack of mental healthcare (shouldn’t Obamacaredo it all???)
    Actually punish murderers, instead of giving them a free ride in jail.

Taking Tylenol for the pain does nothing to curecancer. Treating gun owners aspedophiles and blaming the people’s choice of hardware, banning it and tellingpeople they deserve a vote is a non-solution. How many children will die before these dorks in office start payingattention to the real root causes? Whywill they not open their eyes and see what is killing these kids?

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    "We need force everyone in here (state legislators) to think with common sense and everyone in Washington to think with common sense. We are not criminals, we are the voters." Que - INGO

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1OTg8Bx3Yw[/ame]

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Rubio 2016 I say!!!!!

Yeah let's replace an inexperienced Democrat president with an even more inexperienced Republican president!

The Senate is already democrat controlled. What if the house swings back to democrat control? Do we really want a political infant in the white house under those conditions?

I think the next GOP candidate needs to be a heavyweight with lots of political muscle.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Yeah let's replace an inexperienced Democrat president with an even more inexperienced Republican president!

The Senate is already democrat controlled. What if the house swings back to democrat control? Do we really need a political infant in the White House under those conditions?

I think the next GOP candidate needs to be a heavyweight with lots of political muscle.

That is EXACTLY what we need!

I would heartily support a GOP ticket of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.... either one at the top of the ticket.

We have, for decades, had "political heavyweights" deciding the direction of our nation.It is time for a change.... and not the Obama kind. We need executive branch representation that is not indebted to any 'peers' or any special interests/lobbies.

Rubio is a clear thinker and a Constitutional defender. My kind of candidate.

Also, I honestly believe that if Rubio were in the WH, this nations citizens would likely endorse the "change" and may even elect a GOP majority to the Senate in 2018.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    "Gabby Giffords deserves a vote. The families of Newtown deserve a vote. The families of Aurora deserve a vote," Obama thundered, referencing the countless individuals touched by gun violence. "They deserve a vote."

None of these people deserve a vote if that vote takes away my 2nd Amendment rights!

I agree!

This is NOT Egypt, or Iran.... where the voters get to decide that my Constituional rights are up for 'renewal' or not. ANY of my rights. Not in a massive overhaul of the Amendents all at once, or piece by piece legislation, either one.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    picture.php

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The only vote we need is one that will kick O'bummer and his cronies out of office - and preferably off of the planet! In my view, their 'rights' end when they start infringing on mine.

Top Bottom