• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some people are talking about the three scandals that are now afoot. Some say four. I say there's at least five.

Fast and Furious. Administration actively seeking to approve sales of firearms to people the system would otherwise catch as improper gun possessors because the guns will be taken across the southern border and wind up at scenes of murder and mayhem in Mexico, thus allowing the feds to crack down on legitimate firearms ownership by claiming the system they circumvented was actually broken.

Conservatax-gate. After administration makes a joke about using the IRS to audit his political enemies, groups believed to be for limited government or a Constitutionally savvy electorate get singled out for illegal harrassment by the IRS.

AP Phonegate. Under the guise of seeking to plug a leak WRT anti-terror operations in Yemen, the administration has AG Holder subpoena April-May 2012 phone records for 20+ phone lines used by 100+ reporters of the Associated Press for their daily business operations, conversing with sources in all levels of government.

EPA-gate. Conservative, anti-EPA groups get charged exorbitant fees, in violation of the law, for FOIA requests of EPA dox, while pro-EPA, green groups get cut sweetheart deals for their FOIA requests of the same documents.

Obamacare Financegate. Faced with skyrocketting costs of implementation to implement Obamacare, and denied budget requests by Congress, Kathleen Sebelius's HHS tries to shakedown medical industry companies for "donations".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fast and Furious.

Will never go anywhere. It's dead. MAYBE some minor functionaries will get scapegoated, but no one responsible for this will ever take any heat for it. You did leave Benghazi off, though, although I think that will also fade away.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Benghazi! How could I forget? When I started writing that post, I wrote "at least six", but when I went back to proof read my list, I only had five and shouldn't thing what the other one I might have been thinking about was.

Benghazigate. The administration called off and ordered to stand down, all rescue forces positioned to save the American Embassy in Libya prior to a known terrorist attack on same, leaving Americans to die. They then blamed the attack on unforeseen, impromptu protests over a Youtube video.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If any of the above scandals holds a potential to bite the Obama administration in their proverbial rear end, I believe Benghazi has the greatest chance. I'd like to see it happen, but realistically I don't think it will. UNLESS, that is, the media shifts their direction, because the media does hold a lot of sway in the realm of public opinion. In a way that's sad, but on the other hand, could work out in our favor in the end. We can only hope. :rolleyes:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Don't go getting your hopes up. None of it will stick. It will all be explained away as right-wing propaganda.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, and let's not forget all of the administrations' numerous retaliations against the whistleblowers who brought these scandals to light. As usual, people in power, from Bill Cllinton to Martha Stewart, never get punished for what they did wrong, they get punished for what they did to cover up what they did wrong.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You know, the Democrats aren't afraid to parade the relatives of the dead at Sandy Hook around. Perhaps we need to get the relatives of the embassy officials killed up on TV.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think Obamacare will fall apart eventually... there are too many people with money who don't want it.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Taking into account that they won't be held accountable, wouldn't it be nearly as good for people to all out reject anything that the "Powers" propose? They've proven they can't be trusted, the people are starting to stir in disgust, let the people slam their representatives into refusing to go along with the "Powers." In effect, what 2A supporters did to make sure our reps refused anti-2A legislation, for anything and everything that the jokers want to impose

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Some people are talking about the three scandals that are now afoot. Some say four. I say there's at least five.

Fast and Furious. Administration actively seeking to approve sales of firearms to people the system would otherwise catch as improper gun possessors because the guns will be taken across the southern border and wind up at scenes of murder and mayhem in Mexico, thus allowing the feds to crack down on legitimate firearms ownership by claiming the system they circumvented was actually broken.

Conservatax-gate. After administration makes a joke about using the IRS to audit his political enemies, groups believed to be for limited government or a Constitutionally savvy electorate get singled out for illegal harrassment by the IRS.

AP Phonegate. Under the guise of seeking to plug a leak WRT anti-terror operations in Yemen, the administration has AG Holder subpoena April-May 2012 phone records for 20+ phone lines used by 100+ reporters of the Associated Press for their daily business operations, conversing with sources in all levels of government.

EPA-gate. Conservative, anti-EPA groups get charged exorbitant fees, in violation of the law, for FOIA requests of EPA dox, while pro-EPA, green groups get cut sweetheart deals for their FOIA requests of the same documents.

Obamacare Financegate. Faced with skyrocketting costs of implementation to implement Obamacare, and denied budget requests by Congress, Kathleen Sebelius's HHS tries to shakedown medical industry companies for "donations".

These are just the ones being revealed. Who knows how many are not revealed (while those who suggest and discuss them are labeled "tinfoil hatters")?

Frankly, I do not trust any of these bastards any further than I can kick them...though I would happily kick them to demonstrate my point!

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh, and let's not forget all of the administrations' numerous retaliations against the whistleblowers who brought these scandals to light. As usual, people in power, from Bill Cllinton to Martha Stewart, never get punished for what they did wrong, they get punished for what they did to cover up what they did wrong.

This a million times. I think the coverup and threats to whistleblowers are the most likely to cause damage.

I am afraid the "AP phonegate" could eventually be found to have legally issued the subpenas, nothing was wrong, and see this was just a right wing conspiracy. And then they will claim Benghazi and the IRS attacks must also be part of this conspiracy. What better way to deflect legitimate criticism than to put out something that draws criticism but can be shown to be nothing.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

What of using tax dollars to convince Mexican nationals to come take advantage of SNAP/TANF?

There's at least a dozen if the depth of the dung is deeper in the barn than in the pasture. And I believe it is.

Who knows what we're going to find out ex-post-facto.

Top Bottom