• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    without the health permit how were customers supposed to know there products were safe. Those cute faces could have been poisoning thousands by the end of the day. I am glad the cops shut them down they are my hero's how am I supposed to know things are safe without them telling me what is and isn't safe. :sheep:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Your missing the point. How is the state going to collect sales taxes from them if they don't have the proper permits and tax stamps? Not to mention SSI taxes, medicare deductions and the various state & local surcharges. The state has to get their piece of the action or it's an illegal business.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The local drug dealers must be happy, while they close limonade stands the police is not bothering their business.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If one of them was a cop's daughter, they might not have been shut down... it's only an infraction, after all, and j706 has the prerogative of using his discretion... </snark>

Alas - they were mere daughters of citizens....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Damn, we do have that same laws here in Indy. Tell you though that if someone called and complained (that would be the only reason we would have responded) I would have refused to enforce it. They would have to send out a city code inspector to be the bad guy...because this guy isn't the one. Selective enforcement...maybe. I would like to believe I am preserving the "spirit" of the law. It's a lemonade stand ran by kids...you know what you are buying for Pete's sake.

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    I think the cops could have simply ignored the infraction, and left it to code inspectors as stated above. Funny though the cant seem to stop drug dealers from dealing on the streets. Sounds like priority's are a little out of whack.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Damn, we do have that same laws here in Indy. Tell you though that if someone called and complained (that would be the only reason we would have responded) I would have refused to enforce it. They would have to send out a city code inspector to be the bad guy...because this guy isn't the one. Selective enforcement...maybe. I would like to believe I am preserving the "spirit" of the law. It's a lemonade stand ran by kids...you know what you are buying for Pete's sake.
    Somebody rep Denny for me, say's I gotta spread it around.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

What the hell are we paying you for, Denny? Sounds like you don't do anything out there. You don't write tickets, you don't bust little girls, you don't go on SWAT raids, what exactly do you do?

I sure wouldn't want to go on a ride-along with you, I'd want to go with one of these guys that seem like they'd bust some heads and lie to some perps.

You're way boring, dude. :D

Top Bottom