• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is getting crazy out there. Be aware of everyone. Even 11 yr.old kids. They have no guidance or supervision. Parents are thugs and career criminals.....lead by example.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    AT THE LEAST, these kids need a good old-fashioned a** whooping. That'd be a good start. I definitely would have gotten one if I pulled crap like that.
    They should be thankful they still have their lives.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The guns they were using were BB guns made to look like the real thing.
    They had BB guns made to look like real guns? Good thing they didn't do this to a LTCH or the story may have been quite different.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Last year I had a 15 year old snatch a toddler out of a stroller and held what turned out to be a BB gun to her head to rob the mother in a street robbery. I don't know what the answer is, but obviously there's a problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last year I had a 15 year old snatch a toddler out of a stroller and held what turned out to be a BB gun to her head to rob the mother in a street robbery. I don't know what the answer is, but obviously there's a problem.

This all started a few generations ago and is now far from being able to solve easily.

I have had issues with more than a few of these teen thugs in the alleys downtown. They have no fear, no moral compass and no respect for life....yours or theirs.

No, I do not hang out in alleys. HVAC service work. Truck in the alley...thugs want my tools or just the entire truck.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If they did pick on the "wrong" person. I keep wondering how the news media would be screaming about the babies killed by a licensed handgun carrier? Forget that the poor little children were carrying very realistic looking "toys".

The winner loses, and the losers... become martyrs.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I used to work at a small coffee shop in New Albany. I had two little girls come in that couldn't have been older than 10. They asked for a cup of water. I turned around to get it, and when I turned back, they both were gone, and so was my tip jar!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If they did pick on the "wrong" person. I keep wondering how the news media would be screaming about the babies killed by a licensed handgun carrier? Forget that the poor little children were carrying very realistic looking "toys".

The winner loses, and the losers... become martyrs.

+1 They have hoodlum children, but will not hesitate to make signs and cheap T-shirts with "Justice for (insert the idiot kid's name here)".

That said, and with people saying if it were a LTCH carrier at the time, what is the restriction/guidelines on this? Someone pulls a pellet gun on you, demands money, I waste him with half a mag to his engine room, do I go to jail?

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    As long as it wasn't obvious the gun wasn't real, like an orange cap, I'd say you'd be ok. You could claim that you feared for your life. But you will still probably have to move away and change your name to avoid being murdered by someone "avenging" the child.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    He's not excusing their behavior based on age, he's shocked at who his attackers were IMO

I wasn't challenging what he said at all, I was just as shocked as he said he was. 17, not so uncommon but as you go down toward 11 I just think it's crazy, that's all.

In addition this is a nightmare scenario to any LTCH holder.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Not sure how I would react and don't particularly want to find out. But when these things happen and the punk gets a dose of adult reality I can't say that I would blame the person that shot him or beat the living Shiite out of him. My thought is, where the kid is 14, 15 or older, if you are adult enough to commit the crime then you are adult enough to take the adult consequences. Don't cry and moan about age. If you are going to beat someone to the point that they have to go to the hospital then you are big enough to take an adult beating. If you go the ER too it's because you deserve it. Take it and shut the F^$@ up. Parents crying and moaning about "he's just a little boy". Have you looked at your little boy lately. Do you pay attention to what he does, when and with whom? No? Then sit down have a Coke and a smile and shut up. Then take the little shiite home and beat his ass again.

If I had pulled anything like that at that I age I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a month and would have been put in solitary with bread and water for a week. Figuratively speaking, but it would not have been pretty. And life as I knew it would have changed dramatically.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    How long before they are back to business as usual? The little stinkers are smart enough the make the toys look real guns should be charged as if they had the real thing. No mercy like they gave their victims.

Top Bottom