Thieves rob Indianapolis mother after using tree branch to force her to stop car

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Trees across roads sounds like maybe the the bad guys had ancestors holding up stage coaches.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Anyone else think it's awful convenient that her immigration paperwork was allegedly in the purse that was stolen? :dunno:

y2tQc9i.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Carrying documents like this is normal for this section of the population. You'd be shocked at how many people I come across who roll around with the title to their vehicles in the car with them :n00b:. The Hispanic population carries lots of important things with them or on their persons very often, probably more often than not. Just because it's not normal for YOU doesn't mean there is necessarily shenanigans afoot. I would have thought it odd years ago before I did what I do now, but as ridiculous as it is, it's pretty normal.

One lesson I got in this subject was when I was selling cars in the early '90s. I worked with this guy Jose who was looking to buy an S-10 blazer, and we had a bunch, but he was looking for the "right" one. He came to the lot several times over a few weeks and I spent some time talking to him. Nice guy, brought the wife and kids to look at a couple- great family. He headed a drywall crew (sound cliche, but it's true). Finally, we got the one he wanted- two tone burgundy and metallic rose (our painter thought he was an artist) and we came up with a trade of his truck (nice '85 K-10 short bed) and the difference was about $7,000...at which point he pulled a roll out of his pocket and pealed off the hundreds- cash deal, no checks. Over time between the people Jose sent my way and others in the hispanic community, I sold a lot of trucks. Every single one was paid for in cash. It was just their way.

I can count the number of non-hispanics who paid in cash over the 3 years I sold cars on one hand. I remember 2. There were many cashiers checks and even personal checks, but not cash.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My girlfriend and I finally got our own trailer. I was living in her parents trailer and paying the rent. I had to get a second job though because now I'm paying 2 rents. Totally worth it though. "Hey anybody see my gun? Don't play with that, it's got bullets in it. Go outside. Bring me a beer first."
    Yeah it's hard to believe he'll be in first grade next year. They grow up so fast.
    That, my friend, is the American dream! Damn, it's really dusty in here, got something in my eye.:patriot:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Two thoughts:

1) Probably wouldn't be a good idea to try this out in the county
    2) Re: the stagecoach reference: there is a reason that the front passenger seat is called "shotgun"

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    One lesson I got in this subject was when I was selling cars in the early '90s. I worked with this guy Jose who was looking to buy an S-10 blazer, and we had a bunch, but he was looking for the "right" one. He came to the lot several times over a few weeks and I spent some time talking to him. Nice guy, brought the wife and kids to look at a couple- great family. He headed a drywall crew (sound cliche, but it's true). Finally, we got the one he wanted- two tone burgundy and metallic rose (our painter thought he was an artist) and we came up with a trade of his truck (nice '85 K-10 short bed) and the difference was about $7,000...at which point he pulled a roll out of his pocket and pealed off the hundreds- cash deal, no checks. Over time between the people Jose sent my way and others in the hispanic community, I sold a lot of trucks. Every single one was paid for in cash. It was just their way.

I can count the number of non-hispanics who paid in cash over the 3 years I sold cars on one hand. I remember 2. There were many cashiers checks and even personal checks, but not cash.

My grandfather decided they were going to get an RV. Drove to the big city (Indy?) and went to the GM dealer. Two of his boys worked for GM plants. He had his old work clothes on. Grandma would patch holes with whatever so the patches in his pants were always a different color.

They got no response. Nothing at all. He finally walked up to a group of the salesmen and asked them to watch him drive across to the Dodge dealer.

They went over and by happen chance were greeted quickly. He looked at a couple models and decided on what he wanted, then he paid for it. Cash in hand. He waved at the other shop when he left. Doubt they saw or even cared, but always made him happy when he told the story.

I have an uncle from the other side of the family that deals only in cash. He will pull out a roll as big as a fist to scrape off a five. Has always been this way. I am surprised that he has never been thumped.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When the perps are caught, I believe a tree limb enema would be a fitting punishment.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah I like being refered to as "Trailer Park".............for crap sake.

Eh, it doesn't really bother me. I've known some really good people that lived in trailer parks. And some really ****ty ones too. And the same in million dollar homes. What you can afford doesn't make the person you are.

I owned a double wide in another life.
    I really take no offense but seriously do not look down your nose and preach from on high. That pedistle can be pretty unstable.

I owned a single, I joked that I lived in the nicest trailer park in Gary IN. Honestly it was much nicer than a couple in Portage that I know of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Eh, it doesn't really bother me. I've known some really good people that lived in trailer parks. And some really ****ty ones too. And the same in million dollar homes. What you can afford doesn't make the person you are.

I owned a single, I joked that I lived in the nicest trailer park in Gary IN. Honestly it was much nicer than a couple in Portage that I know of.

Mine sat on some property I rented. It is still there and somebody is living in it.

Top Bottom