Things are getting stupider and stupider...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Freshman Democrat Robin Kelly, of Illinois, argues in the Children’s Firearm Marketing Safety Act that marketing guns to children is “contributing to the shooting deaths of children across the country.” The facts and statistics used to reach such a conclusion remains unclear.

In other words:
    coo-coo-crazy.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That cuts into the 1st amendment even more than the 2nd. These people need to be punched in the genitals.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This is the liberal in Illinois that Bloomberg put a ton of money in her campaign so she would win. She is a career Illinois liberal hack who astonishingly holds a Phd. She has Jesse Jackson Jr's old seat. Sadly, she will be able to hold that seat and attack our freedoms for decades.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tell that to R.J. Reynolds.

It's dumb from a "let's keep children safe" perspective.
    It's very smart from a "let's marginalize gun owners" perspective. It's the tobacco playbook.

So in your professional opinion do you think this proposal could, in any conceivable way, be considered constitutional?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So in your professional opinion do you think this proposal could, in any conceivable way, be considered constitutional?

I do not think it's constitutional, but that doesn't mean it would not be upheld by a court. I think that question is a very close call, but I would like to think that it would be struck down and I think the current court would. One more liberal on the Sup. Ct., though, and I'm sure it gets upheld. The fight has to be in the legislature, not dependent on the courts.

Personally, I think what has been done to the tobacco industry is a travesty, so you can imagine how I feel about an industry where the product is perfectly safe when used as intended.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I do not think it's constitutional, but that doesn't mean it would not be upheld by a court. I think that question is a very close call, but I would like to think that it would be struck down and I think the current court would. One more liberal on the Sup. Ct., though, and I'm sure it gets upheld. The fight has to be in the legislature, not dependent on the courts.

Personally, I think what has been done to the tobacco industry is a travesty, so you can imagine how I feel about an industry where the product is perfectly safe when used as intended.

Well said. Let's hope this disaster of a bill sees a quick death in committee.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lovely. This dumbass thinks that children should be prohibited from wearing clothing with a firearms manufacturer's logo and that guns should be like a Model T which you could have in your favorite color so long as your favorite color is black.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Moronic and unconstitutional, but that has never stopped a politician before.

And just look at our "allies":

dem-gun-control-bill-665x385.jpg

Our side does not deem safety equipment on children as necessary and yet it argues that it is responsible enough not to be regulated. Look at the video too, Cheese and Crackers. Sigh.

We are our own worst enemy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Reminds me of the Greenwood politician that wanted to ban ice cream trucks, out of touch with the real world.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    It takes a true nut-job Dem to come up with that.

So what if a kid wears a NRA hat? I don't see where it's any of her business. Sounds like a big 1st Amendment infringement to me.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    For those who always are quick to question the constitutionality of a given liberal law. Remember, the Supreme Court is just one appointment away from making laws like this one a common occurrence. If another Democrat occupies the White House after Obama..... You'll have it, along with all that follows. That won't be good, and THAT is what everyone needs to be thinking about.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

And just look at our "allies"...

Eye protection is for pansies. Why do you hate freedom?

...on a side note, I am planning on becoming a certified 4-H Shooting Sports instructor this fall. After having my boys in this project for several years, I know this group takes safety seriously.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And just look at our "allies":

dem-gun-control-bill-665x385.jpg

Our side does not deem safety equipment on children as necessary and yet it argues that it is responsible enough not to be regulated. Look at the video too, Cheese and Crackers. Sigh.

We are our own worst enemy.

Isn't most of the reason for the eye pro - flying brass.
    I don't think there's much flying brass there.

And if you plug the barrel and blow it, I'm thinking the .22 makes a very small boom.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Isn't most of the reason for the eye pro - flying brass.
    I don't think there's much flying brass there.

And if you plug the barrel and blow it, I'm thinking the .22 makes a very small boom.

I always thought eye protection was for high-pressure gas and debris if a cartridge case splits or some such thing.

Top Bottom