• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Seconded
    Also, having to wait for more tolerable weather, preferably in the mid 60s temp-wise.
    I don't like sweating while loading at all.

Aside from when I'm charging cases, I can use a fan to keep cool...but I simply will not shoot when it's hot enough I've got sweat rolling into my eyes. If I can't shoot, I'm not going to have much to reload. Also, I would much rather do the bulk of my loading in the winter, when it's too cold to do much outside anyway.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I have a small 8x8 room in my basement, block walls. Room has been there a long time. I decided to use it for my reloading room. My basement stays cool and the humidity is kept under control with dehumidifiers. It's a great setup and is working out great. Now I just need more time to shoot so I can reload more...

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    I know lots of people do that, but I don't like it because it makes a sticky mess of the media, and because that mess can get inside my brass, which I like even less.
    I know well to go light on the case lube, so that's not the problem.
    It might not be a big problem if I used the media only once, then threw it out, but I use it until it's so saturated with what it scrubbed off of the brass that it's an easy choice to throw it out at that time.
    Before anyone asks, I don't see much appeal in wet tumbling, although its popularity has nearly eclipsed conventional tumbling lately.

Is it ok for someone out of state to post here, I'm in AZ?
    I use a Thumblers Tumbler to clean case lube off brass. After sizing I put the cases in the drum with 10 or 12 feet of Toilet Paper and run it for about an hour. Cases come out very clean. TP is inexpensive, available, and disposable.

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    As for "Things I hate about reloading". Can't think of a thing! Primer pocket swaging gets a little old as does trimming but not that bad.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I use a Thumblers Tumbler to clean case lube off brass. After sizing I put the cases in the drum with 10 or 12 feet of Toilet Paper and run it for about an hour. Cases come out very clean. TP is inexpensive, available, and disposable.

Huh.

What case lube do you use?

-Nate

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Of course, it's perfectly okay to post from any state.
    In fact, I believe on of our moderators, Que, is currently living in Virginia.
    That sounds like a pretty good idea, a case where the rotary tumbler has an advantage.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Don't know why posting from another state is problem. Pretty sure there are some that are deployed that post here.

Are you cleaning loaded rounds off of case lube? My wife did not like it when she found out I was shooting her tomatoes at the range lol. She would kill me if she found out I using the TP in such a manner.

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Of course, it's perfectly okay to post from any state.
    In fact, I believe on of our moderators, Que, is currently living in Virginia.
    That sounds like a pretty good idea, a case where the rotary tumbler has an advantage.

Your right a rotary tumbler works better in this case.

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Don't know why posting from another state is problem. Pretty sure there are some that are deployed that post here.

Are you cleaning loaded rounds off of case lube? My wife did not like it when she found out I was shooting her tomatoes at the range lol. She would kill me if she found out I using the TP in such a manner.

I use Carbide for most handgun loading. If possible I size rifle cases as a separate operation so before they go to the progressive I clean them. Never had a problem cleaning loaded ammo with TP.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    In a hurry to change out the Lee Pro 1000 for my standard turret press and forgetting the +-4000 spent primers under it that proceed to cover my toy room floor....grrrr!

Completely agree with the spent primers. They can be a huge pain in the butt...

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, primers come 100 to a package. My ammo cases are either 50 or 100 per. So, when I reload, I like to reload in increments of 100 so I am using a full package of primers and I'm filling up an ammo case. I hate it when I lose a primer or I mess up a case and have to toss the case with the good primer. OCD will be the death of me.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    So, primers come 100 to a package. My ammo cases are either 50 or 100 per. So, when I reload, I like to reload in increments of 100 so I am using a full package of primers and I'm filling up an ammo case. I hate it when I lose a primer or I mess up a case and have to toss the case with the good primer. OCD will be the death of me.

lol OCD can be a pain in the butt while reloading, it seems kick in for all aspects of the process even while things are being done properly.

Top Bottom