• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Working construction we are often in / on the side of the road. We use a traffic control company for our flaggers.
    Yesterday they were stopping traffic coming from the East, I was coming through the construction zone from the West.
    East end there is a dumptruck stopped at the flagger, As I'm almost to the East flagger 3 cars decided to pass the dumptruck. At least one of these cars was being driven by a girl less than 30 with a cell phone in her hand.

Did you throw a tool through her windshield.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Working construction we are often in / on the side of the road. We use a traffic control company for our flaggers.
    Yesterday they were stopping traffic coming from the East, I was coming through the construction zone from the West.
    East end there is a dumptruck stopped at the flagger, As I'm almost to the East flagger 3 cars decided to pass the dumptruck. At least one of these cars was being driven by a girl less than 30 with a cell phone in her hand.

Was there adequate notice of the construction and flagger or did the cars just believe they were going around a dump truck that stopped trying to figure out where to go? I have seen every variation of all of that...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Did you throw a tool through her windshield.

To busy trying not to kill someone or myself

Was there adequate notice of the construction and flagger or did the cars just believe they were going around a dump truck that stopped trying to figure out where to go? I have seen every variation of all of that...
    This is not a fly by night company, us or the flagging crew. We work for a utility company ( flaggers and us are contractors). If we don't follow any and all safety protocols we are fired, all the way down to not wearing our safety glass or gloves.
    This was a simple fact of people not paying attention, and thinking they were more important than what was going on. Just like the people that get mad about being stopped and when they get to go floor it and speed through our work zone.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Should be left on the side of the road, and the car impounded.

Top Bottom