• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I heard a blurb at work on the news tv about a girl getting shot...maybe that was about your example. Fox59. We go to national news around 8 so haven't seen anything else.

No, its been about a week now, so I doubt they pick it up. Which is better for us.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Sometimes it's idiots like those described that makes me think we should have more idiot control in place of gun control.

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    it's real simple...........
    1. Treat every firearm as a loaded one.
    2. Don't point the firearm at anything your not willing to shoot or kill.
    3. Keep your damn finger off the trigger.
    4. Know your target and its surroundings

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, the loaded Glock 19 I have taped to the end of stick to use as a back scratcher is a bad​ idea?

Holy Cow! That would be adding a stock to a pistol and be all kinds of illegal. Just do what the rest of us do when we want to scratch an itch with a loaded Glock 19. Put a carbine upper on it and scratch away.

Problem solved...

JWoodlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Southside Indy
    3) Repeatedly rack the slide to dislodge a stuck unfired round while letting your palm get in front of the barrel.

To this point:

I have been teaching my 5 and 6 year olds gun safety and target practice with a BB gun. My 5 year old keeps wanting to try and look down the barrel to see where the "bullets" come from. I am pulling my hair out. Am I starting this too young or is this normal for others in my situation? Thanks

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    3) Repeatedly rack the slide to dislodge a stuck unfired round while letting your palm get in front of the barrel.

To this point:

I have been teaching my 5 and 6 year olds gun safety and target practice with a BB gun. My 5 year old keeps wanting to try and look down the barrel to see where the "bullets" come from. I am pulling my hair out. Am I starting this too young or is this normal for others in my situation? Thanks

Make them sit out of the fun for 5 minutes for a safety infraction. My son quit flagging his foot after I tried this method.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, the loaded Glock 19 I have taped to the end of stick to use as a back scratcher is a bad​ idea?

I think you're fine with this setup. If the Glock was chambered in .45 ACP though this could prove to be dangerous.

Top Bottom