• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I chose to post this here instead of accessories because Eurooptic sells firearms and other items in addition to scopes and I think this community should be informed.

Last month I decided to return an optic I ordered from Eurooptic.com. They received the scope on 12/28/12 but I did not hear anything back. Today, I called the company and asked for the status of my return. I was honest, and confirmed to them that I DID mount the optic. Their return policy states in relevant part: "If you purchased a rifle scope, please do not mount it and then hope to return it for full credit. We examine all returned rifle scopes under magnification, and if found to have been mounted we assess a 20% fee." (Return Policy - EuroOptic.com, last checked 1/10/13).

I was more than willing to accept the 20% penalty. However, they informed me over the phone that, despite their clear written policy displayed prominently on their website, they would assess a 25% fee because "the sight was clearly mounted." Even after I reminded them of their own policy they did not care. I asked them to return the sight and I will resell it on the EE with pictures to show any 'damage' (what a great use of my time, selling something I would normally return).

I undestand that not every company accepts mounted scopes as returns, but the issue here is a company ignoring its own policies. We all rely on a clear written return policy when we make a purchase, I know that if I read a policy that said 'we reserve the right to give you whatever amount we deem appropriate for your return', it affects my decision to purchase and the price I'm willing to pay. However, I didnt receive any such notice.

I don't think anyone wants to buy from a company that arbitrarily changes the amount they will return in contravention of their own written policy because you cannot be sure what other inconvenient policies they will arbitrarily change post purchase. An image of their returns policy on 1/10/13 is below.

2mxfj1g.jpg

I'm a lawyer, but I don't have time to litigate $60.00 because an online retailer decides to be shady. However, I will make the time to inform other shooters. The additional $60.00 or so they are demanding in spite of their policies isn't worth freaking out over, but it is money I would have to take out of my shooting budget. New lawyers dont get rich by keeping criminals in jail at the Indiana Attorney General's Office. I definitely dont want this happening to someone on something like an AICS rifle- an extra 5% on one of those could be $250.00 or more.

Yams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Call your credit card co, and inform them of what they did and get the charges reversed.
    I wish. Unfortunately, I think mounting the optic constitutes use so they would be able to prove I used it before sending it back and initiating the chargeback. Thank you for your help though!

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Thanks for sharing as i was considering purchasing from eurooptic and now i am considering other options..:P

Keep up the good work putting the bad guys in jail!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's unfortunate. Chances are their policy is actually 25%, but the page probably neglected to get updated.

I know for my own company, there has been a time or two we've made a change and neglected to change it in all locations on our site. In those situations, however, when it was brought to our attention we always did what was in the best interests for the customer and not for ourselves - it builds a strong and trusting relationship.

Top Bottom