• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Some background, my wife shoots and has an appreciation for firearms safety. Afterall, if they are around the house she might as well learn to use them. She has not however had an interest in the carry of firearms. She has held personal protection/concealed carry permits previously in IN and SD. Recently she got her lifetime LTCH in IN.

(round 1) So, I have been making comments about getting her a new handgun. I will carry it but she can pick it out and train on it. That way it is at least with the family. This idea was agreeable but I could tell she was just trying to make me happy. (round 2) Then about a week ago I make the comment that she should take the snubby with her to visit her sister in Indy, afterall with the new baby she should have a little extra "friend". Answer was no I don't want to carry a gun I don't like and if I carry I need training. (round 3) I am talking to a buddy about buying and selling a few guns and mention that I am looking for one for the wife. Also mentioned that although I am not a glock fan the wife has always liked them. (round 4) buddy calls back the next day and asks if I want his glock 23 that he never shoots. (round 5) I tell the wife that I am going to sell a couple of shotguns and purchase a glock for her, if she is interested. "You would sell your guns to buy me a glock? I thought you didn't like them?" Yup, that's right I am not going to spend any money, I am going to sell my guns to buy your gun. (round 6) Wife wants the glock and some professional training.

And that boys is how it is done!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She sounds pretty intelligent to insist on training, too.
    More intelligent than a large portion of people that have guns already, I suspect.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I suppose all the Colts fans can hate Purdue some more since Drew Brees matriculated there.

Did you wife say, "You would sell your guns to buy me one? That's so romantic!"? That would be cool.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Some background, my wife shoots and has an appreciation for firearms safety. Afterall, if they are around the house she might as well learn to use them. She has not however had an interest in the carry of firearms. She has held personal protection/concealed carry permits previously in IN and SD. Recently she got her lifetime LTCH in IN.

(round 1) So, I have been making comments about getting her a new handgun. I will carry it but she can pick it out and train on it. That way it is at least with the family. This idea was agreeable but I could tell she was just trying to make me happy. (round 2) Then about a week ago I make the comment that she should take the snubby with her to visit her sister in Indy, afterall with the new baby she should have a little extra "friend". Answer was no I don't want to carry a gun I don't like and if I carry I need training. (round 3) I am talking to a buddy about buying and selling a few guns and mention that I am looking for one for the wife. Also mentioned that although I am not a glock fan the wife has always liked them. (round 4) buddy calls back the next day and asks if I want his glock 23 that he never shoots. (round 5) I tell the wife that I am going to sell a couple of shotguns and purchase a glock for her, if she is interested. "You would sell your guns to buy me a glock? I thought you didn't like them?" Yup, that's right I am not going to spend any money, I am going to sell my guns to buy your gun. (round 6) Wife wants the glock and some professional training.

And that boys is how it is done!

Sounds like you both won! I think she was just breaking you down so you would buy her a Glock... lol

I agree with Deadly Z...knowing the intricacies of the female brain, she had this all planned out from the start. ;)

I will say, though, that my hubby gets just as, if not more excited, when I find a new gun that I like. It's certainly nice to have that support, so nice work, Vert!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My wife want's to take some profesional training also and try my gun's out....... I have a feeling she will want her own. She is allready pointing out one's she likes.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Purdue grad, nuff said!:rockwoot:
    :yesway: Hey VERT!--After 38 years of marriage, I may be approaching the highly coveted "win" status myself! The wife just called me from Wal-Mart and asked me if I wanted "the two boxes of Luger" they had. Oh, we had bought ammo for one another for special occasions(Christmas, valentines day,etc) but this was ammo---just because. Good greif,I'm welling up!!!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :yesway: Hey VERT!--After 38 years of marriage, I may be approaching the highly coveted "win" status myself! The wife just called me from Wal-Mart and asked me if I wanted "the two boxes of Luger" they had. Oh, we had bought ammo for one another for special occasions(Christmas, valentines day,etc) but this was ammo---just because. Good greif,I'm welling up!!!

Yep got ammo for Christmas this year. Also got a 1st generation P99 & Ruger Red Label as past Christmas presents. She has great taste and after 16 years I am planning for her first gun. Still have not got her to scope out the good ammo deals, so I have to say you are one up on me. If I ever get a call like that I would probably well up myself.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    Purdue grad, nuff said!:rockwoot:
    with three rose hulman grads and a current RH student in the family, i gotta say i've heard a bunch of purdue jokes. but it looks like my future wife might just be earning her phd at purdue, so i may have to conveniently forget all of the punchlines!:whistle:

Top Bottom