• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Not a big fan of pot smokers, but this makes me feel good. Not for stoners.....

[video=youtube;ciQ4ErmhO7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ4ErmhO7g[/video]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Cannabinoids are quite possibly one of the most under studied and possibly best therapy for many diseases around. The more they're studied the more uses they keep finding for them. The human body is chock full of cannabinoid receptors. We're genetically geared to use it as a medicine for oh, so many things.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Cannabinoids are quite possibly one of the most under studied and possibly best therapy for many diseases around. The more they're studied the more uses they keep finding for them. The human body is chock full of cannabinoid receptors. We're genetically geared to use it as a medicine for oh, so many things.

Plus, the fiber for fabric, oil and animal feed from seed, etc. There are many products from hemp and/or marijuana that could be grown on marginal land with minimal effort and minimal fertilizer! Why, the Fed could plant 20-ft. rows in the medians of ALL the major highways, then process that hemp/marijuana! It would likely contain more harmful chemicals because of the proximity to the roads (lead from wheel weights, metal dust from brakes, natural/synthetic rubber compounds, etc.) but that product could be used in areas other than human or animal consumption! Hemp oil is prized by artists, but very hard to find!

IMHO, once marijuana is restored to the outdoors, we'd see the highly potent strains diluted as pollen permeates the air. Someone would need a clean room and hand-pollinate to maintain the high-THC strains, and it probably wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

I've had enough experience with both alcohol and marijuana use personally as well as watching others use both. I've seen LOTS of people get violent (plus violently ill) on alcohol, but rarely saw anyone get violent or sick while stoned. I suspect someone behind the wheel is somewhat less dangerous on weed than alcohol, though I'd never condone either.

Back in 1989, I had a roommate who was a grad of MIT (he had just graduated medical school, and spending a year on fellowship creating a new protocol for kidney transplant lists). I saw a copy of the MIT alumni magazine in which they polled the members of the Class of 1969 about their drug use then and 20 years later. 2/3 reported occasional marijuana use in 1969 (i.e., a few times during the week, and a little more on weekends), with 1/3 using in 1989. The thing that stuck out in my mind was this: consider where those '69 grads were in 1989! They were senior managers, senior bankers, tech managers and tech pioneers in Silicon Valley, etc.! They were in their early 40s, well into their careers, and 1/3 were using marijuana!

I've had several friends work in Silicon Valley, and quite simply, one cannot unwind on alcohol after working 70-90 hours a week at some tech start-up! You can't perform at peak levels while hung over!!! However, they COULD spend the evenings stoned, get a good night's sleep, and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next day! It just makes sense to use a drug that has fewer obvious social and physical side-effects!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Think Marijuana Is For Stoners

Yes, next question.

However, it is an outrage that Marijuana is Schedule I and there is no medical exemption under Indiana law. (Heroin and meth we have, but dope we do not).

Wow, it took him all the way until 3 minutes in to say "just a plant".:D Boy, that phrase was an utter surprise to hear. :D

Top Bottom