• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Not quite ready to post a WTB yet because of the unsupported chamber stuff I read about, but the G24 and G35 with longer barrels sure sound tempting. Anybody have one or shot one? Do you know of any on dealer shelves around here?

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I had a glock 35 for a few years. Before I sold it I had put over 3000 rounds through it with only a few ftf's that were mag related. Not once did I have a Kb because of an unsupported chamber.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Which size are you looking for? Full, Compact, Sub-Compact? I'm sure many of the fine dealers around Indy have them in stock. I have a Glock 22 full size 40. I love it! Shoots well and has a decent capacity. I carry it with me all the time. No problems whatsoever out of it. I would say, depending on application, you may also think about 9mm. Ammo is a little cheaper but you can get a 40 and get a conversion barrel and shoot both so that's another great option. AND Rosta-Narc approves!!!

posterimage46.gif

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have one of each model in .40 S&W....and love them!! The G35 is a sweet shooting piece, but not great for carrying because of size. G23 is a nice balance of size and capacity.

I have NEVER had a FTF, FTE or any issues through thousands of rounds down each.

But, I am a glock guy, so go figure.....:dunno:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I have 9's (19, 26, and 17L), want a .40 for range use only. G24 long slide or G35 practical tactical. Thanks.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Down by the Tracks in Galveston should have a 24. Last time I checked they still had it on Gunbroker. Thats where I picked mine up. I have never had any problems out of my Glocks.

crazyboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    south side indianapolis
    Glock 22 is a very good gun, I've shot many of them never had a problem with FTE, FTF what so ever and very concealable. The 35 is a awesome shooter specialy for target or comp but size makes it a little harder to conceal. and if using for HD i would suggest getting one with the night sights. I'm getting ready to purchase another again but keeping it for sure this time no more selling firearms.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Down by the Tracks in Galveston should have a 24. Last time I checked they still had it on Gunbroker. Thats where I picked mine up. I have never had any problems out of my Glocks.

Found their number, I may call them tomorrow. That would be a pretty long drive for me though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Don't let anyone B.S. you about Glocks! They are great guns! One thought about the KB'S, everyone is quick to blame the gun, not the ammo! Out of spec ammo can blow up any gun! Examples: double charged load, incorrect C.O.L. , not following reloading manual or SEMI recommendations (specs) etc etc..... :twocents: And you aren't always safe with factory ammo either. I have seen lately, due to the rush on production, improperly crimped ammo. That means if you aren't a reloader (the bullet is loose)!

Last edited:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Do it before some XD jack trys to brainwash you into joining the dark side!!!

Not a chance.

But, with the G24 long slide or the G35 comp gun should I get the plain jane or the comp version? Does that big hole in the top actually accomplish anything?

crazyboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    south side indianapolis
    just remember if you are using it for HD and you have it comp at night better hope the first one is the only one you need to fire cause man that flash is brite. I am i seeing stars again rats the halos wont go away lol...

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Over ten posts about a Glock .40 without anyone posting this?!

nuclear-explosion.jpg

Ok, now that that's out of the way... :D

I mostly agree with shooter@5(4)life. Don't let the unsupported thing scare you. I've never seen a case of a Glock kB! that really convinced me that the unsupported barrel was the difference of the gun going nuclear or not.

.40 S&W is a high pressure round. You double charge it, and it's gonna shred pretty much any gun. :twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sure, if you want to reload, upgrade to an aftermarket barrel. If not, don't worry about, all brands have KB'd at one time or another. Millions in use by the military and cops around the globe.

There are more upgrades and accessories than you can shake a stick at.

As far as the G35, it's not much about the hole in the top, it's the adjustable sights,lighter trigger, etc. Even then, many who compete with them upgrade to FO sights or competition triggers.

Great thing about Glocks, they are great stock and even better with aftermarket parts. That's why many of the top shooters use them and win.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Not a chance.

But, with the G24 long slide or the G35 comp gun should I get the plain jane or the comp version? Does that big hole in the top actually accomplish anything?
    Being a die hard Glock guy I heard a rumor that actually makes sense. On the C models or compensated ,if you will. The front sight gets so dirty you can't see the dot anymore. I don't have a G-24 or a G-35 so I don't know for sure. I know Hickman has a long slide Glock G-?. Maybe he will read this or you can P.M. him about it! :yesway:

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    I have also been interested in a Glock 22. Thanks for all the information! It's good to get info from someone thats not trying to sell you something!!!:yesway:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Thanks. That does make some sense. I think I'm coming up with more reasons to NOT go comp than to go for it.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I'm looking at a 23 or 27. 27 seems to be best for me since I can CC it strong side or in a ankle rig, and I can't ankle carry a 23.

Only problem I have is money in my pocket and no OD 27s in stock close to me..but my preferred shop has a new 23 in OD calling my name....

Top Bottom