• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    I have been trying to find a decent back up weapon while I am working and the one I keep coming back to is a G27 or G26. I carry a 92fs (I know a 9mm for a primary but it has capacity and I have a ton of mags for it) and would probably like to stay with the same caliber but am still undecided. I know there are a ton of Glock guys (and gals) out there so I want your honest opinions about either the 26 or 27. Also I want opinions about the available accessories out there. If I could shoot one before buying it that would help in the decision making process. Thanks :ingo:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where are ya gonna carry it? I agree the G26 is a good choice, but they're not exactly small. Kel-Tec makes a tiny 9mm that would conceal better, but sadly it is not an almighty GLOCK. :)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I have a G27 and I love it. I just got it and I don't have too much experience with a lot if gubs though. It is a little snappy but I could easily put 200 rounds if I wanted to down it at the range. I would be more then willing to let you shoot it some time at atterbury if you ever get down there.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have the 9 MM Glocks in the Model 17, 19, and the 26. I have large hands so the 26 sits a bit small in them, but it's not enough to be a handling issue. The nice thing about all of the Mini Glocks is they'll take the larger mags from other models. They sell sleeves that fit over the extended portion that give you in effect a larger grip. It really works out well using say a 15 round Glock 19 mag in a Glock 26. Plus, you've got the added advantage of increased ammunition compacity. Bill T.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My EDC is the G27. Love it! Also have put many rounds through the 26, both are great the 27 is a little more snappy but not horrible. It is still easy to control.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    HANDS DOWN the 27

Get a 9mm and 357 sig conversion barrel later and you have 3 guns in one, can't do that with the 26!

27 is fun to shoot, easy to carry, and accurate.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a Glock 27 and I love it. I have big hands so I put the +2 extensions on the factory mags. Pinky doesn't hang off anymore and I don't really mind the added size.

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    Anytime you would like to shoot any type of handgun (it must be used in our shop) feel free to stop by and we can go shoot at the F.O.P. the only thing we can't shoot is high power rifles, but any handgun.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Have you shot a glock? IMO, going from a 92fs to a glock is terrible. When I hold a glock it aims at the sky, when I correct it I feel all gangster and as if I am haveing to point it at the ground...
    Mabey you won't have this problem, but I found it to be to much change.
    Just make sure you can take the feel of it first. Theres a ton of them out there to look at, I decided to give up a bit of capacity for the small size and better feeling aim of a Kahr.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    00BlasterResto I have shot a Glock before. I found I was very accurate with it and I am hoping to put some rounds through my friend's G22 this weekend as well as my 92FS. Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am still weighing my options but I am still thinking about getting one of the two.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    A few things for you to consider:

If I already owned a 9mm and didn't plan on changing that as my EDC, I might lean toward the G26 over G27, just because of staying with the same caliber.

As someone mentioned, the fact that baby Glocks can take magazines from their larger counterparts is a huge plus. (But then you'll find yourself buying even more Glocks at some point. This will negate the first point I made.)

Concealability is a personal call. Some say the baby Glocks conceal really easily, but don't expect a G27 IWB to feel like a single-stack 9mm. It's significantly wider. The positive trade-off is that you're carrying a lot of bang.

Just like other people have said, you should shoot/handle what you want to buy... if you have a chance, try CCing it with a good holster if you can. Unfortunately, that's not always easy to do.

BTW, I own and carry a G22 and G27.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I have never carried anything until this past Tuesday. I started carrying my G27 with a cheapie uncle mikes IWB holster. It is surprisingly more comfortable then I ever would have imagined. I am trying to get used to having an extra 2 lbs hanging around and make sure I can make the transition before I jump into a more expensive holster. 3 days in I am 100% confident that especially with a better 2 clip holster system I will have no problem carrying a G27 12-16 Hours a day.

Keep in mind, I have never Carried anything else at all so I have nothing to compare to.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've got a Glock 27 and I love it. I have big hands so I put the +2 extensions on the factory mags. Pinky doesn't hang off anymore and I don't really mind the added size.

:+1:

Pearce magazine extenders (PG-2733 or PG-39) make all the difference.
    As far as whether the model 26 or 27, it boils down to whether you prefer 9mm or .40.

.40 cal. makes a little bigger hole than 9mm--other things equal.
    The model 26 9mm holds one more round of ammo than the model 27 .40 cal.
    9mm ammo is a bit cheaper.
    .40 cal. is used by more LE agencies than any other caliber.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    I appreciate everyone's input so far. I carry my 92fs daily so a double stack wouldn't bother me too much. Keep the personal experience coming. All the info you guys are giving me is helping a ton.

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I like shooting my 92fs at the range much better than shooting the G26. The Glock is ok at the range, but I like traditional double action/ single action of the Berretta. G26 carries much better for me. So for carry the G26 is great, less weight, still good number of rounds, dependable and could take other glock mags if needed. I have several 9mm's and 40's. For carry I think the 9mm is fine and easier to find "out there" if I need ammo on the fly.

Top Bottom