• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have a 27 and really like it. My favorite of the Glocks is the 23, but I reach for the 27 when I leave MUCH more than any other. I am actually more accurate with it than a larger frame Glock too. I'm not a user of the extensions either. Nothing against them, I just seem to shoot better without them. My hands take XL gloves and the pinky hanging off the bottom isn't an issue for me either.

Either way you go, drink up on the Kool-Aid, I'd be surprised if you regretted it.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Go for the Kool-Aid

Glock-Aid.jpg

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I get a kick out of the fact every time someone is interested in purchasing a Glock pistol they right away are, "drinking the Kool-Aid". If they then buy the weapon and have excellent results in shooting it, they are a, "fanboy". Notice they have a name for everyone who likes their Glocks, but no lingo for those who don't. Really flattering if you think about it. Bill T.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am kinda surprised that no one has said this yet:
    A lot of people like to keep a commonality between their primary and secondary guns, with this in mind you might want to take a look at a smaller 9mm that is DA/SA and maybe even one that has the safety/decocker on the slide like the 92.
    I find that I train so much with my glock that when I transition to another pistol I have to do A LOT of dry practice to remember to flip off the thumb safety (even on a 1911).

Just something you may want to consider, I know different people have different issues depending on what they started shooting with, and how much they train.

I personally love my glock, but I would not want to carry, say one glock style and one 92 style pistol at the same time due to the differences in control placement and trigger feel. If I even have to grab my BU gun I want to operate it instinctively. Just my :twocents:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have weapons from all of the major manufacturers, but if I had to choose just one rifle and handgun to defend myself in an unfriendly environment, it would be a Glock and an AK-47. If I then died it would not be from inferior weaponry. Bill T.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Both the G26 & 27 will feel the same in your hand.

Since you have been already been carying a 9mm, you should already know if you like that caliber or want a little more.

The one thing I always take into account is the cost to get as much range time in as possible. In my case, this means reloading for it. If you ever think you will reload for it to increase your range time, I would lean more toward the 9mm for a few reasons. the first is the Glocks seem to be more gentle on the 9mm brass. The second is simply cost... Regardless if you use lead, plated, or jacketed, there is a significant price difference between the 9mm to .40 when buying bullets. Lastly, I currently have a source for once fired, all one headstamp, polished, NON-Glocked brass in 9mm for $100.00/5000.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I find that I train so much with my glock that when I transition to another pistol I have to do A LOT of dry practice to remember to flip off the thumb safety (even on a 1911).

I have shot nothing but Glocks the last several years. I carry a G23 and compete with G34 and 35 in USPSA. LOTS of trigger time with Glocks.

A couple months ago, I picked up a 1911 to start shooting in Single Stack division. Out of all the stages, all the matches so far, no one single time have I not taken the safety off.

Focus on what you are doing and it's not an issue.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Focus on what you are doing and it's not an issue.

That's exactly why I don't carry a 1911 for personal protection. In a life threatening situation I doubt my ability to "focus" on small things like that (while also trying to focus on the front sight and not slapping the trigger). I love my 1911s, but like I said, I need more practice with shooting out of a holster with them before I will trust my life on one.

I'm sure if I ever shot a competition with one I would train enough with it that the safety would not be an issue.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    I now know I will be drinking the kool aid but I have to decide on the 26 or 27. The 26 is the same caliber as my 92fs. The 27 has one less round than the 26. They weight the same unloaded and loaded. Thanks everyone for helping me out with this. Hopefully I will be able to post my new weapon soon.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Duck,

You will not be the least bit unhappy with the Glock 26. I have both the Beretta 92 FS, and the Glock 26 and they both are superb weapons from both a fun, as well as a personal defense standpoint. Bill T.

Top Bottom