• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    RK has a revolver chambered in 22lr. it seems to have a very short barrel. Just wondering about the applications it would have with such a short barrel? Seems like limit d to plinking? Also seems like having any degree of accuracy may be a challenge?

Thanks

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't know that a .22 snub is good for anything at all. What is your intended use? I'd want at least a 3" barrel on any .22 revolver. Like what used to be called a "kit" gun. Would be handy for just knocking around the homestead.

Something like this is really cool. But $$$

1688415464556.png

If you want something inexpensive, but fun and useful, get yourself a Ruger Wrangler.

1688415497998.png

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    RK has a revolver chambered in 22lr. it seems to have a very short barrel. Just wondering about the applications it would have with such a short barrel? Seems like limit d to plinking? Also seems like having any degree of accuracy may be a challenge?

Thanks
    IMO a short barrel 22 revolver is limited to very specific uses. I'd love a NAA 22 revolver simply because of its miniscule size but wouldn't think of it as my first 22 or my first revolver. My recommendation is to think of what you are wanting to do with it. for most situations, some of the Heritage or Ruger Wrangler revolvers, would be a better choice.

Can't tell if you are interested in purchasing this revolver or if you are confused as to it's usefulness. For the latter, likely many would agree. If interested, before being able to offer any suggestions, we would need to understand your use cases.

(use cases... Fishing box gun w/ alternating shake shot, and stinger loads. glove box guns for rodent/wild dog dispatching, etc.)
    --Rick

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Thanks
    You can catch a Ruger wrangler on sale for a pretty good price. As far as the Heritage arms, Roughriders, the 6 1/2 inch barrel version is on sale at RK fairly often. I have one in my safe, it’s definitely not a Smith & Wesson, but for plinking and introducing a newbie to firearms, it is an excellent gun.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have handled and used both a wrangler and a heritage …… for the trap line and such.

For the money I give the slight edge to the wrangler … because I hate the safety on the heritage …. Wrangler Sights are a bit more distinguished Also you have to half cock heritage to spin the cylinder.

And to top it all off when I had the heritage my ballistol cleaner took the graphic right off the grip.

That being said a snub nose heritage would be a great dispatching tool.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I don't know that a .22 snub is good for anything at all. What is your intended use? I'd want at least a 3" barrel on any .22 revolver. Like what used to be called a "kit" gun. Would be handy for just knocking around the homestead.

Something like this is really cool. But $$$

View attachment 284831

If you want something inexpensive, but fun and useful, get yourself a Ruger Wrangler.

View attachment 284832
    Yeah it really does not have an intended use I guess it’s more of a would like to have thing.

Admittedly I do like Ruger.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You can catch a Ruger wrangler on sale for a pretty good price. As far as the Heritage arms, Roughriders, the 6 1/2 inch barrel version is on sale at RK fairly often. I have one in my safe, it’s definitely not a Smith & Wesson, but for plinking and introducing a newbie to firearms, it is an excellent gun.
    Kind of leaning towards the Ruger, just because i have always been very pleased with their offerings I have purchased.

Besides I did realize I think it’s mandatory that you have at least one Revolver to go with a Lever Action?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    IMO a short barrel 22 revolver is limited to very specific uses. I'd love a NAA 22 revolver simply because of its miniscule size but wouldn't think of it as my first 22 or my first revolver. My recommendation is to think of what you are wanting to do with it. for most situations, some of the Heritage or Ruger Wrangler revolvers, would be a better choice.

Can't tell if you are interested in purchasing this revolver or if you are confused as to it's usefulness. For the latter, likely many would agree. If interested, before being able to offer any suggestions, we would need to understand your use cases.

(use cases... Fishing box gun w/ alternating shake shot, and stinger loads. glove box guns for rodent/wild dog dispatching, etc.)
    --Rick
    I guess it just caught my eye and made me think well I do not have a single revolver. Seems like perhaps a good idea for inexpensive shooting and letting someone learn to shoot.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Not sure how practical a short barreled .22 would be ........As most have said , I would opt for a longer barrel .
    I have always been a big fan of the older High Standards and Sentinels ( most all were 9 shot )
    The Sportsman model is a pretty versatile and fun gun to have ......

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Don't forget to check out these guys if you're into 22lr. You can get 22lr, and a 22mag cylinder. 9 shot.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    A small-framed short-barrelled .22 is an incredibly practical gun. I have a 3" S&W model 63-5 in .22LR. It's an awesome handy little gun. I have killed more varmints with it around the house than any other gun I own.

It's been getting a workout lately. My in-laws bought a vacant house that we have been gutting to the frame and remodeling. It had a family of raccoons living in it, and bats, mice, groundhogs, etc. When I'm working over there, the 63 gets carried with 4 rounds of .22 shotshell and 4 with standard projectiles. The shotshells work great for little pests, and anything bigger gets the other stuff. I came face to face with 2 raccoons in a ceiling early on in the project, and 2 rounds each of CCI Blazer 40gr solved that problem decisively (1 round each likely would have done it, but it's good to be sure).

51539506353_f7c6aaf857_o.jpg

51540188910_83bbf00d2c_o.jpg

As to the Heritage and Wrangler recommendations...I have extensive experience with both, and both are cheap toys. The Wrangler has a slight step up on the Heritage only because it lacks the stupid plastic safety. If you're just looking for an occasional plinker, either of them will work, but for a quality single-action revolver in .22, a Single-Six is the way to go.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom