• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pretty much any lower will do the job. Check the classifieds here too, in the Long gun section. I see lowers up for sale alot.

That's where I got a lower for my current build.

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I just got my spikes tactical st-15 (the standard one) for $89.95 from www.joebobtactical.com. I also ordered a hoodie and got free shipping and a free tshirt. $20 transfer fee at Indy trading post and I was good to go. Now I have to sit and wait and read and decide what else I want. Go to their page and find the lower you want and sign up for the email notification for when it gets back in stock if it's out and wait.

(that link leads me to a failed search) I'll google it.
    Would this be a good option for me as I'm going to get me stock and barrel separately? Thought it might save me some cash instead of buying a complete upper and buying another barrel.
    ST- American Snipers .org Upper/Lower Receiver Set [ASO2012] - $300.00 : Spikes Tactical

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    not mine, not affiliated with the seller, just saw this while on my never ending search for good deals on the ar15.com EE :):

If I had a grand and was looking to buy a Mk12 clone "kit" :yesway:

WTS MK 12 clone kit - AR15.COM

All you need with this is a lower and a lower part kit minus the trigger/hammer/sear. :cool:

dzwgw1.jpg

21oq3yx.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    not mine, not affiliated with the seller, just saw this while on my never ending search for good deals on the ar15.com EE :):

If I had a grand and was looking to buy a Mk12 clone "kit" :yesway:
    That's sweet. Damit I never have an extra grand laying around when I need it. :(

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    I'd consider not getting the BR Nightforce and checking out something like the 3.5-15 F1, I love that optic and it's what sat on top of my precision ar-15, it has a USO 5-25 now but it a bit heavy. The F1 went to my 10/22 trainer, but could go back. If you want to get more mag, 5-25 is another option. The high end magnification usually yields an excessive amount of mirage at long distance, and may be a bit much.

On my precision .308 i run a Schmit and Bender 5-25 PMII, which isnt too bad of a scope either.

Also, for bipods, consider an atlas bipod. They are the bees knees as far as bipods go and the tilt-swivel is great. I've got to rework my long range AR a bit, but the key pieces are there.

ETA: The only FFP NF is the F1, so if you want your reticle's rangefinding abilities to be effective at all magnifications, you'll need an FFP scope.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Your choice of a Krieger barrel is the key factor. Where the rest of the parts come from to assemble the upper does not matter one whit.

Here is my 26 inch barreled AR in 6MM AR that is frequently shot from standing. It does not have a bipod or scope, but fired from position with a sling, it is a 1/2 minute rifle out to 600 yards on the National Match Course.

Not too sexy for lots of guys, but good for me.

dmtcvl.jpg

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Your choice of a Krieger barrel is the key factor. Where the rest of the parts come from to assemble the upper does not matter one whit.

Here is my 26 inch barreled AR in 6MM AR that is frequently shot from standing. It does not have a bipod or scope, but fired from position with a sling, it is a 1/2 minute rifle out to 600 yards on the National Match Course.

Not too sexy for lots of guys, but good for me.

dmtcvl.jpg
    very sexy. :rockwoot:how much does it weigh.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    LRB lower here. Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC They've gone up in price a tad since I bought my 3. But they don't have a corny looking stamp (it actually looks somewhat military) and so far my first build on one has been great.

Don't get super hung up on barrel length. US Army designated marksman classes are shooting to 600m with 14.5" barrels & 4x32 ACOGs. USMC qualifications are done to 500m with 20" barrels & iron sights, and ain't nothing special about them barrels.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have never weighed it but it has to be about 12 pounds. Any heavier and I know it and am not happy. It has 1.5 pounds of weight in the buttstock that can be removed. I like the balance for 3 position shooting.

Barrels from Kreiger can be contoured or fluted to change the weight and balance too. I put a scope on top once and it changed everything. It did not feel like a rifle anymore.

I know, I don't fit the modern norm......But I think scopes are far over-rated as far as their need to make an accurate shot or to verify the target.

Just me and I don't know it all and I know it.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I have never weighed it but it has to be about 12 pounds. Any heavier and I know it and am not happy. It has 1.5 pounds of weight in the buttstock that can be removed. I like the balance for 3 position shooting.

Barrels from Kreiger can be contoured or fluted to change the weight and balance too. I put a scope on top once and it changed everything. It did not feel like a rifle anymore.

I know, I don't fit the modern norm......But I think scopes are far over-rated as far as their need to make an accurate shot or to verify the target.

Just me and I don't know it all and I know it.

That is very very very nice. I like it a lot. Though I do lean towards scopes, I just like them a lot.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    I've got both a MK12 Mod 1 clone as well as a heavy barrel Kreiger AR. (24" Varmatch barrel) If it's something you want to move around with, look at the MK12. Both rifles are incredibly accurate, but the Kreiger has about 4 pounds on it. The MK12 is not a light rifle either, but with rail, scope, heavy barrel and suppressor, it still weighs much less than the Kreiger rifle. I only use the Kreiger on a bench, or prone. The MK12 has an 18" Douglas CLE barrel on it. Very nicely done...they do great work.

Top Bottom