• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is now the time that I talk about how I broke a Ruger Blackhawk without firing it?:D

I like the Ruger Bisley. In fact I like them so much I have more than several.

I really want one of the open top Italian clones though. Just because of how it looks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I really want one of the open top Italian clones though. Just because of how it looks.

I had one of the 1871 Colt Open Top's in .38 Colt when they first came out...One of the finest balanced revolvers I have ever held...And like you said, they are lookers...I may end up with another one now that they got them in 38 special..

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a Texas Longhorn Arms that's never been shot - you guys are making me want to get rounds through it!

My only Ruger pistol is a New Model Blackhawk in 41 mag. Haven't shot it much at all but no complaints about the gun or its quality.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I like the look of the 4&5/8 inch barrel Blackhawk better than the longer ones.Seems that unlike most film cowboys John Wayne carried a shorter barreled gun.Seems I read once that Yakima Canutt showed Wayne how a real cowboy wore his gun and that he claimed the shorter barrel guns were more correct. Never did like the looooonnngg revolvers most Hollywood actors used.And those way down the hip gunslinger rigs......mercy!

Top Bottom