• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I've been meaning to get a new subcompact/compact .45 for awhile. I really like the Sigs... Does anyone have any recommendations on what to look at? I have rather large hands, and the p220 compact was the only compact that would fit correctly. The glock 30 was a joke.

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I'm not against glock. I don't mind their trigger mechanism or anything. I will have to check that one out. I am really trying to find ones to "feel" out when I go shopping.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm looking to pick up a Kahr P45 or PM45. Have never shot one but 1st hand conversations have all been positive. I did some research on the net and came with about equal negative and positive. I will post range range reports if I buy one.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will also back up the G36. It feels and shoots surprisingly well for what you would think would be a snappy little gun because of the weight. I just don't like those dang finger grooves. My fingers are bigger than the grooves. I do like the magazine extension though.

I have not tried the Bersa 45 UC.

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    I also have large hands but like the compacts. I have two compacts that I carry, 1st is a SA micro operator 3", using the bump pad on the mag as a finger rest. 2nd is a USPc 45, fits my hand great and as long as i'm not to fat that day it's not very hard to hide.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Co-worker bought a Kahr CW45, fit my large mitts pretty well. He got it for under $500 from 21st Century. They are not as decorative as the PM45's but the function is the same.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Sig makes both a full size 1911 and a Commander size. Both are a bit pricey but I have been unable to beat the Sig for feel and "shootability" out of the box.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    +1 on the Glock 36-its a good shooter!
    I carry the Colt New Agent, 1911 platform-Love it!

How do you like the New Agent? That one is on my short list but I want to shoot one before I buy. If I feel like the trench sight is usable enough it will definitely come home with me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It all depends on how you're defining compact!!

There are plenty of folks that make a 3" barreled 1911 in .45ACP.

Also plenty of folks that make a compact version of their other firearms, like the XD or M&P.

Now if you wish to verge upon sub-compact, then you might want to take a look at the Kahr P-45 or CW-45. Or even the PM-45.

I've fired a P-45 before... So, essentially that means I've fired a CW-45 too. I didn't like it. I think the frames are just too light weight and thin to make it comfortable. Of course, they're not meant to be comfortable all-day-long range guns...

I'd not really want to shoot a PM-45 on anything resembling a regular basis. I'd shoot it to say I shot one, though.

How much do you wish to spend on this pistol? That's going to be a deciding factor for sure!

-J-

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    It all depends on how you're defining compact!!

There are plenty of folks that make a 3" barreled 1911 in .45ACP.

Also plenty of folks that make a compact version of their other firearms, like the XD or M&P.

Now if you wish to verge upon sub-compact, then you might want to take a look at the Kahr P-45 or CW-45. Or even the PM-45.

I've fired a P-45 before... So, essentially that means I've fired a CW-45 too. I didn't like it. I think the frames are just too light weight and thin to make it comfortable. Of course, they're not meant to be comfortable all-day-long range guns...

I'd not really want to shoot a PM-45 on anything resembling a regular basis. I'd shoot it to say I shot one, though.

How much do you wish to spend on this pistol? That's going to be a deciding factor for sure!

-J-
    Anywhere from 400-1k... I only want one so I am not afraid to spend good money for the right one.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'm looking to pick up a Kahr P45 or PM45. Have never shot one but 1st hand conversations have all been positive. I did some research on the net and came with about equal negative and positive. I will post range range reports if I buy one.

I love my PM45! Stick it in a Crossbreed (or probably a kholster) and it disappears. I love my Sig P220 Compact too, but it doesn't carry as comfortably as my PM45 for me.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

I had concerns about recoil, but the sharp checkering on the grip was waaay more unpleasent! A Hogue Handall Junior solved that issue.

The recoil with standard pressure rounds isn't bad at all; thow some +P's in and you can definitely tell the difference. I don't like +P's generally, so it's not an issue for me. Can I get back on target faster with a 1911 or P220? Sure, but the PM45 is King For Comfort, and if comfort didn't matter I'd carry an HK45.

Top Bottom