• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    What are you waiting for, go buy one. I have a lefty bolt action of the Mark II, pre accutrigger, but I shoot groups at 50 yards with it that can be covered by a quarter, so I have never thought the accutrigger was needed anyway. It would be nice to have, but not in anyway needed. And the Savage Mark II is arguably the best bolt .22 out there.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I really really like mine, actually shot it today. It was a bit to cold for my likes to spend any time behind it to do load development (brand to brand) (not handloads ;) ) But either day a good time shooting.

This is a great gun, great shooter.

IMG_3044.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Don't walk. Run. My Mark IIFV will put five rounds of bulk ammo under a nickel at 50 yards. The Accutrigger is a thing of beauty. It was also a bargain. I have mine overscoped with a 4-12x40 AO but I usually shoot it around 6x.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I have the same one as redneckmedic... but it shoots from the correct side! I have an inexpensive Bushnell Banner scope on it, and I do ok... I would like to really push it some day with a higher clarity piece of glass.

But hands down, compared to others out there, Savage Bolt guns are built for accuracy out of the box.

You will not be disappointed.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Good call

Savages are known to be good shooters right out of the box and the Mark II is no exception. I had a F model in .17 HM2 that, even with it's pencil-thin barrel, was very accurate. It was the pre-Accu-trigger model so I installed a Rifle Basix sear which was a huge improvement. Go for it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a MIIFV, and it's my favorite .22. I have mine topped with a Bushnell Banner 4x12x40 scope, and Burris rings. The trigger is set from the factory a 3lbs., and it's short and crisp. I know you can modify the trigger to drop the weight even more. I have shot different .22 rifles, but the Savage by far has the best trigger. In terms of the lower budget rifles. I just sighted mine in at 100 yards, but did not shoot for groups. With match ammo, my best 5 shot group was less then quarter sized at 50 yards. I know the rifle is much more capable then that.

001-35.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    i have a mark 2 btvs with bushnell 3-9x40, heavy barrel, accutrigger, bipod, they are amazing rifles, i try not to go a week without shooting it ... and because its a 22cal i can :)

+they are gorgeous
    ++the are super accurate out of the box
    +++ for the accutrigger (yes even on a 22)

Top Bottom