• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I feel like, as far as concealability goes, the Glock wins out... however, I carry a CZ P-07 and absolutely love it. It shoots well, it's similar in size and weight... that being said, i get my holster for my P-01 on Thursday and will be carrying it instead of the P-07. As much as i like my 07, i like my 01 more. so IMO, since we're in Indiana and printing/full conceal isn't a big deal, go with what you shoot better, since size doesn't matter as much.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    “Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot.” -- Bruce Nelson

Funny, thing is I shoot my Glocks far more accurately and faster than 1911s, SIGs, HKs, Walther, S&Ws, and XDs. To be fair, I haven't tried a CZ yet but I doubt it will be life changing. Probably a good pistol like the others, but Glocks work best for me. You Glock haters are funny, must have some sort of complex. Shoot what's best for you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Funny, thing is I shoot my Glocks far more accurately and faster than 1911s, SIGs, HKs, Walther, S&Ws, and XDs. To be fair, I haven't tried a CZ yet but I doubt it will be life changing. Probably a good pistol like the others, but Glocks work best for me. You Glock haters are funny, must have some sort of complex. Shoot what's best for you.

I think it's more responding to the Glockers who talk about their guns like they can't be matched by anything else. Aside from all that, to each their own. I'm glad you enjoy what you shoot and I enjoy what I shoot...;)

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Vote for G19 here. Fantastic capacity/size ratio. However, if you shoot something well, carry it. Pays to carry something you feel 100% comfortable with and are accurate with. Id carry my sig legion sao if i had a good holster for it... full size 1911 is my winter carry since its what i shoot best and easy to conceal, even though its as heavy as a cinder block and inferior capacity :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Vote for G19 here. Fantastic capacity/size ratio. However, if you shoot something well, carry it. Pays to carry something you feel 100% comfortable with and are accurate with. Id carry my sig legion sao if i had a good holster for it... full size 1911 is my winter carry since its what i shoot best and easy to conceal, even though its as heavy as a cinder block and inferior capacity :)

I carry my Legion SAO in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard. Took a while to break it in properly, but it's a good looking, comfortable holster that carries the gun nicely.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've owned a couple of clones and the EAAs are pretty good. There are variations in the design that make them incompatible with most CGW parts, but some of the differences are an improvement over the original design. The method used to put upward pressure on the trigger bar in most clones is better than the design used by CZ in my opinion and in most clones, the firing pin block is spring loaded in the open direction, meaning that instead of the trigger fighting the spring during the pull, the firing pin block actually reduces the trigger pull a small bit. What I don't like about them is the reliance on roll pins for the trigger and hammer. Sure, it simplifies the design, but it makes a detailed take down a PITA. I'm also not a fan of the milled in front sight and sometimes grips can be tough to find depending on the model.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Ah well guess what you won't be shooting at the next event? See you soon Joker.

Yes my burly friend with dented soda can, you know I will be shooting that same GEN 1 Smith and Wesson DA auto with the metal frame and the single stack magazine at the next pistol event.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    What's the benefit of the p-01 omega?

You get the Omega trigger system: fewer parts/simpler system. Looks easier to modify. trigger reach is less, so it fits smaller hands better, trigger shape is different/less hooked. You get the squared hammer of the Omega system rather than the rounded hammer. Stock, i think i like the Omega trigger slightly better.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's a good, even great option, but so is the Sig P320, Sig P229, Walther PPQ, HK VP9, CZ P-07 and other guns of that size. A lot of the guns I've mentioned don't have the trigger problem or grip angle problem. I'm not saying the G19 is a bad choice, but there are other guns that are just as good for an EDC role.

None of those options match the size/capacity/weight ratio of the G19. They are all at least a little taller, a little heavier, a little wider, or a little bigger in overall length. If your criteria is the smallest, lightest 15 round 9mm pistol, the G19 is the winner. Period.

Not saying that the other guns aren't great options. It all depends on what you are looking for. I'm personally looking forward to handling the new CZ P10c, if they would just ship the dang things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    None of those options match the size/capacity/weight ratio of the G19. They are all at least a little taller, a little heavier, a little wider, or a little bigger in overall length. If your criteria is the smallest, lightest 15 round 9mm pistol, the G19 is the winner. Period.

Not saying that the other guns aren't great options. It all depends on what you are looking for. I'm personally looking forward to handling the new CZ P10c, if they would just ship the dang things.

Actually, the P-07, P229 and PPQ have a shorter overall length than the G19, though all are taller and wider. I believe the capacity is the same, or off by a single round one way or the other for all of them. You might be right, overall, but I'd still choose any of the other options before I chose a Glock, because I shoot all of the other guns better and find them all more comfortable, with better stock triggers and sights. Again, it depends on what you're looking for in a gun. I'd rather the gun shoot and handle better myself.

Agree with you on the P10c, though I doubt I'll ever own one. Haven't found a polymer gun yet that holds my attention for long. If this would change my mind, I'd happily pick one up ;)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Funny, thing is that for every Glock hater there seems to be a Glock zealot who proclaims that a Glock is the quintessential answer to every handgun question.

Drew50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2016
    Schererville
    Currently carrying a PCR and I love Glocks, but wouldn't go back to one after the CZ. One round isn't enough to push my decision toward a G19 since that seems to be the only reasonable argument. 2 ounce difference loaded to loaded doesn't do it for me either. Reliability is a moot considering the P01 has an NSN and is just a PCR with a rail. Carried a G22 for about a year, switched to the P-07 and now the PCR. No perfect gun is a 100% accurate statement, but I'd rather have functionality AND beauty in one package.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Glock 27 with G23 mags. 15 rounds of bonded .40 HP thank you very much ! Of course the pocket carried Ruger LCRx .357 BUG also compliments my attire quite well.

Top Bottom