• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Here's an article with some interesting observations from Greg Ellifritz, a man with a lot of international travel experience (author of "Choose Adventure - Safe Travel in Dangerous Places"), as well as recent domestic travel due to his training schedule (among other things).

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/developing-world-problems-in-the-usa

Excerpt:

"I don’t know what to think of these disturbing changes. I don’t know how to fix things. I think it’s only going to get worse in the future. Within the next decade, it’s possible that the United States will be downgraded to an economic “second world” nation. All the signs are here. Pay attention and have a plan to live a far less luxurious lifestyle in the future."

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Yeah. It doesn't go as far as it did even 6 months ago. I'm afraid the economy is headed down the toilet (again). Makes me wonder just how much more we can take before all h#!! breaks loose.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Society is breaking down at a rapid rate. Crime, economy, incompetence and destructive policies from leadership are all just indicators that announce the societal breakdown.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws" Tactius

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Some pundits speculate we are heading into a 1970s style recession....
    I believe it's going to be much worse. We are already seeing tent cities, higher crime rates than even last year, invasion at the border, drug deaths, etc, etc
    I travel a lot for my job. Some things I have been noticing:

Way more panhandlers than usual
    Lots of broken down cars on the highway
    Big trucks running without trailers or flatbeds with no cargo
    People pushing cars into gas stations etc
    Trash cans overflowing with trash seems to be the norm now
    People actively looking for confrontation both on and off the road

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Homeless population in California pooping on the streets leading to typhus and other such bad things.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Here's an article with some interesting observations from Greg Ellifritz, a man with a lot of international travel experience (author of "Choose Adventure - Safe Travel in Dangerous Places"), as well as recent domestic travel due to his training schedule (among other things).

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/developing-world-problems-in-the-usa

Excerpt:

"I don’t know what to think of these disturbing changes. I don’t know how to fix things. I think it’s only going to get worse in the future. Within the next decade, it’s possible that the United States will be downgraded to an economic “second world” nation. All the signs are here. Pay attention and have a plan to live a far less luxurious lifestyle in the future."
    As with addicts, the bottom must be reached before turning things around.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's all very similar to the 70s, but worse. I'm expecting to see calls for "price controls" coming in the future.
    The UN is already trying to order the Fed to cut interest rates and impose price controls instead.

Imagine $30 primers come back tomorrow. 10 year backorder by the next day. Nobody actually ever sees a primer in real life, but they're only $30!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The UN is already trying to order the Fed to cut interest rates and impose price controls instead.

Imagine $30 primers come back tomorrow. 10 year backorder by the next day. Nobody actually ever sees a primer in real life, but they're only $30!
    Do a web search. The American leftists are also already pushing for price controls. The primers are an excellent example btw.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes the good old price controls. Normally done on staples like bread milk rice gas coal and flour. Ensure the population can eat and have a glass of milk enough gas to cook and drive to work and enough coal to fire up the home heating when cold. . Sounds nice.

Inflation makes prairie farms milk cost 4 a gallon to produce. Price capped at 4 dollars They make nothing making it or selling it just break even. Now butter milk has no price controls and they can make 50 cents a gallon cause they can sell it for 4:75 a gallon and it cost 4:25 to produce.

Suddenly all you see on the shelves is butter milk. Then it gets price capped at 4:25 but cheese and sour cream is not price capped. The milk now goes into non price capped items and the price capped ones lines are not running much.
    Sure make a little of it to keep workers working but profit makes companies. If it costs 4 to make and deliver and it is capped at 4 then storing and selling it at the store is a profit sink hole. (Milk is always at the far end of the grocery store so you have to walk to it) milk stays hard to get as no one makes profit selling it.

When the company can’t make a profit then the government steps in with money to keep them above water. The business sees they can make twinkies and they have no price controls so they sell off the no profit business to start a profit business. Who would buy a business making no profit? The government. Want government milk and you have no job to pay for it? We need milkers in the old state run dairy.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes the good old price controls. Normally done on staples like bread milk rice gas coal and flour. Ensure the population can eat and have a glass of milk enough gas to cook and drive to work and enough coal to fire up the home heating when cold. . Sounds nice.

Inflation makes prairie farms milk cost 4 a gallon to produce. Price capped at 4 dollars They make nothing making it or selling it just break even. Now butter milk has no price controls and they can make 50 cents a gallon cause they can sell it for 4:75 a gallon and it cost 4:25 to produce.

Suddenly all you see on the shelves is butter milk. Then it gets price capped at 4:25 but cheese and sour cream is not price capped. The milk now goes into non price capped items and the price capped ones lines are not running much.
    Sure make a little of it to keep workers working but profit makes companies. If it costs 4 to make and deliver and it is capped at 4 then storing and selling it at the store is a profit sink hole. (Milk is always at the far end of the grocery store so you have to walk to it) milk stays hard to get as no one makes profit selling it.

When the company can’t make a profit then the government steps in with money to keep them above water. The business sees they can make twinkies and they have no price controls so they sell off the no profit business to start a profit business. Who would buy a business making no profit? The government. Want government milk and you have no job to pay for it? We need milkers in the old state run dairy.
    I have a bil that owns a peanut hog operation in lower VA.
    They have Federal Certificates for the peanuts they grow, those with Certificates make about 50% more when selling peanuts on the market that those that dont have Federal Certificates.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    They have Federal Certificates for the peanuts they grow, those with Certificates make about 50% more when selling peanuts on the market that those that dont have Federal Certificates.
    What are his costs to produce compared to those without certification?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My take on the milk was just for an example of price controls. I know nothing of milk or peanuts.
    The horrible thing about the small Midwest or mid south farmer was not price controls but the fact that if the price of corn and beans raised 5 cents a bushel some farmer would take in a whole silos full for the extra 5 cents. If they had all held out for two weeks they could all get 10 cents more per bushel. I think the kids call it “Fear of missing out”

Top Bottom