• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I mean, I believe in keeping cops in check and all. That being said, I think this cop was unhinged, and still did his job without crossing the line. In fact(opinion) I believe this was more effective than a citation, and it didn't screw the driver over. I think it even did the cop some good. That released energy could've ended up doing harm.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Personally I wonder why more of them haven’t flipped out.

Because we're "professionals" and internalize it, shortening our lifespans and becoming cynical a-holes with rare exception. The number of officers who work the street or major investigations for any length of time who truly didn't seem effected by it are saints and mystics as far as I can tell. **** like: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...om-crying-cops-say.529482/page-2#post-9384601 I mean, you see people worked up just from *reading about it* now imagine seeing it. Routinely.

It's the best ****tiest job on the planet, but it takes a real toll. Especially if you don't have a solid support system behind you and the ability to know how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Because we're "professionals" and internalize it, shortening our lifespans and becoming cynical assholes with rare exception. The number of officers who work the street or major investigations for any length of time who truly didn't seem effected by it are saints and mystics as far as I can tell. **** like: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...om-crying-cops-say.529482/page-2#post-9384601 I mean, you see people worked up just from *reading about it* now imagine seeing it. Routinely.

It's the best shittiest job on the planet, but it takes a real toll. Especially if you don't have a solid support system behind you and the ability to know how to use it.
    I work with a guy who retired from the Grand Rapids PD. He did everything, and has a ton of stories. Traffic patrol, motorcycle patrol, Narc, SWAT, and finally retired after 27 years as a Seargant. This guy is one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've ever met. Always positive, upbeat, and friendly. I asked him once how he did 27 years as a cop and didn't come out as a completely cynical A-hole. Guy pulled out his phone and showed me pics of his home bar. Dude has an absolute shrine of Bourbon. He is one of the few saints.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    This incident happened a few years ago, or at least I first saw the video a few years ago. If memory serves me correctly, he was placed at a desk for the few remaining months until he retired after this out burst.

Most cops don't have out bursts like this because we know the unintelligent folks who needlessly bring attention to themselves aren't worth the effort of a reaction, nor the consequences of the increased attention to ourselves from going "viral".

I have a guy who routinely will walk the streets, see me (or any cop car, I assume), stop walking and hold up his middle finger as high as he can like a statue until I'm out of sight. I simply continue on my way and get a good chuckle at his dedication to it. I'm sure life ain't easy being so stupid, so figure I shouldn't stop and make it any harder for him, despite his attempts to draw attention from people who can make his day a lot worse with just a little fishing.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Because we're "professionals" and internalize it, shortening our lifespans and becoming cynical assholes with rare exception. The number of officers who work the street or major investigations for any length of time who truly didn't seem effected by it are saints and mystics as far as I can tell. **** like: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...om-crying-cops-say.529482/page-2#post-9384601 I mean, you see people worked up just from *reading about it* now imagine seeing it. Routinely.

It's the best ****tiest job on the planet, but it takes a real toll. Especially if you don't have a solid support system behind you and the ability to know how to use it.
    Everyone should listen to the "Rat in the Hat".
    :stickpoke:
    It's sage advice.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Can’t imagine what or how or fine folks that uphold the law do it. Several friends in law enforcement from state.. local and sheriffs. Praying every day for our service people and we will give back someday for those

Top Bottom