This exchange does not install confidence in Mitt.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    MittAWB.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Mitt doesn't own the Mass. AWB. And his legislation that amended it MADE IT BETTER.
    This!

Many in Mass. feel that what he did with their AWB was a HUGE benefit for Gunowners in their State. You should attempt to track down their Laws prior to what he is being labeled with as being a Gun Banner/Grabber...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Mitt doesn't own the Mass. AWB. And his legislation that amended it MADE IT BETTER.

Do you think he would be looking to work for that bipartisan/anti-gun/pro-gun legislature? What kind of confuses me is that he says we need more of this. Candy's last question and Romney's answer don't make much sense for someone that is against bans. It sounds as if both sides work together, he'd be for it (when asked about a ban).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just curious. Aside from bromides from the true believers, what was Gary Johnson's record in New Mexico?

Does anyone have clean hands in the debate, except for those who aren't actually playing the game (ie, politics)?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Excellent! I appreciate that info. Hopefully I can count on President Mitt to "fix" more sh!tty legislation before he signs it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on improvements to our federal firearms laws. In the first place, I doubt Congress will even bring up the subject , let alone in language that pleases us (with the possible exception of a national reciprocity bill). But more than that, I just don't think it's on Romney's radar. He's apathetic towards the whole thing. He could have absolute power and I doubt he'd lift a finger to change a thing.

It's bittersweet. Things won't get worse, but they won't get better either.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just curious. Aside from bromides from the true believers, what was Gary Johnson's record in New Mexico?

Does anyone have clean hands in the debate, except for those who aren't actually playing the game (ie, politics)?

Gary Johnson has horns and a split tongue!!!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I wouldn't hold my breath on improvements to our federal firearms laws. In the first place, I doubt Congress will even bring up the subject , let alone in language that pleases us (with the possible exception of a national reciprocity bill). But more than that, I just don't think it's on Romney's radar. He's apathetic towards the whole thing. He could have absolute power and I doubt he'd lift a finger to change a thing.

It's bittersweet. Things won't get worse, but they won't get better either.
    Except Romney can help build a Supreme Court that won't try to kick over Heller, and might even vindicate the 2D A and in the process eviscerate what infringements remain.

Gary Johnson has horns and a split tongue!!!!
    I guess that was meant to be tongue in cheek? I was genuinely curious. That's all I needed to hear.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Except Romney can help build a Supreme Court that won't try to kick over Heller, and might even vindicate the 2D A and in the process eviscerate what infringements remain.

Good point. We might make up a fair bit of ground with case law if there is something to that effect in the pipeline and the court's make-up is sympathetic to the cause.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Good point. We might make up a fair bit of ground with case law if there is something to that effect in the pipeline and the court's make-up is sympathetic to the cause.

In fact the court could systematically strike down federal and state anti-2d A legislation, assuming the right makeup of the court and a series of court challenges.

It's fairly certain this would NOT happen under Obama.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I guess that was meant to be tongue in cheek? I was genuinely curious. That's all I needed to hear.

Yes it was tongue in cheek. Without a bunch of digging I'm not finding too much that isn't biased (left or right) or from his camp not really getting too far into things besides the Governor Veto thing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mitt Romney is a Republican version of Bill Clinton. In fact, Romney supported all of Clinton's attacks on the gun rights, and advocated some of his own. These men totally reject the spirit of the 2nd Amendment (despite their election year lies).

If Romney were a Democrat (an actual out-of-the-closet Democrat), gun owners would put his face on posters next to Mao, Hitler, and Stalin, captioned, "The Experts Agree! Gun Control Works!" (Just like they do with Obama.)

Supported the FEDERAL Assault Weapons Ban (2007)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZ6AuHnmk0[/ame]

Supported the FEDERAL Brady Gun Control Bill (2007)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtB_hk-HS0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtB_hk-HS0[/ame]

Supported FEDERAL Ballistics Fingerprinting (2002)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YOl8P22dI"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YOl8P22dI[/ame]

Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    In fact the court could systematically strike down federal and state anti-2d A legislation, assuming the right makeup of the court and a series of court challenges.

It's fairly certain this would NOT happen under Obama.

Just like the struck down the refusal to buy health care "tax"... Thank god we have a conservative majority in the court, otherwise Obama/Romney care would be law.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Just like the struck down the refusal to buy health care "tax"... Thank god we have a conservative majority in the court, otherwise Obama/Romney care would be law.

Whatever you think of the current SCOTUS, four more years of Obama, with two-three new appointments would be more of the same but more so.

Roberts wasn't a Romney appointee. Sotomayor and Kagan were Obama appointees.

I guess better the devil you know than the one you don't?

Mitt Romney is a Republican version of Bill Clinton.

Don't you get tired of posting this stuff? Do you suppose you're persuading anyone at this point? How about showing us the better alternative, rather than sniping at the two mainstream candidates?

Assuming you get a Johnson presidency... well my guess is the asteroid impact is more likely.

I'm struck by the glaring absence of Johnson videos on these issues. Has he ever actually made a statement on any issues? (Please don't harp on the debate lock-out...)

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

The one thing crazy joe got right in his "debate" with Ryan.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I guess I was the only one that watched him on the Wilkow show the other night. When he was asked about the second amendment, he said good things, he did not mention any legislation he would be championing if he were elected.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...40897-gary_johnson_on_glenn_beck_tonight.html

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I guess I was the only one that watched him on the Wilkow show the other night. When he was asked about the second amendment, he said good things, he did not mention any legislation he would be championing if he were elected.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...40897-gary_johnson_on_glenn_beck_tonight.html

Would he champion a SCOTUS to roll back unconstitutional State law infringements? Would he actively undo current federal laws and regulations? If not, how would he be preferable to the major party candidates?

From your summary in the thread you posted, it sounds like less big government, but still big government.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It all comes down to this for me....Mitt Romney was about my 4th or 5th choice when the repukelican campaign started. Now, like it or not, I am stuck with him as my candidate. I really only have two choices....Obama or Romney. I do not like anything about Obama from his hidden past to his political views. I like about half the things that I know about Romney. Guess who I am forced to vote for.

Top Bottom