• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am pretty sure they practice that. Now with the sides of the mountains makes it a lot more difficult though. I have seen pictures of Chinooks picking up soldiers from rooftops like that.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    practice or not that is incredible. :rockwoot: you can also clearly see why those things have been nailed by RPGs

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :patriot: That's just awesome! I've seen stuff LIKE that from my fiancee's cousin, but not like THAT. My cousin who just got back a couple months ago said they do train for these types of scenarios and the training is pretty intense. He wouldn't go into details, but def'lly confirms the training! From what I've seen and heard this is the tip of the iceberg in kickazz sheet the army's been doing!

Thanks for the awesome video!

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trust me, I wasn't trying to downplay his skill, just pointing out that he has practiced that kind of manuever (though not exactly like that) and wasn't just like "hey check this out". It is amazing when you consider the level in which our guys are trained and the things they can do and make it look soooo easy.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I don't think that is your average helicopter pilot. Those look like SEALs and the pilot is probably from the 160th SOAR "Night Stalkers"

I'm sure all helicopter pilots in the Military are great but who ever was in controls was probably one of the best we have.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    oh i wasn't refering to all the guys in general as far as the piolt training. but some of the things the various branches do is amazing. I'll dig around on my hdd and see if i can find those videos...

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I was in aviation when I was in the Army. You should see Chinooks drop off Rangers in a lake or river. They actually flood the bird, and the Rangers motor out in their boats.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    About the only thing I can think of, that I could even attempt to try ,,,,, that would compare to that, would be to try to back my pick up ,,,,, into the garage ,,,,, while blindfolded ,,,,, and relying on someone in the back ,,, to tell me what to do ,,,, over a radio ,,,,
    probably would make for a good sitcom show :popcorn2:

wolfman

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Like this :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ5D6ApI-EU]YouTube - CH-46 Sea Knight does water landing to pick up Navy SEALs[/ame]

I was in aviation when I was in the Army. You should see Chinooks drop off Rangers in a lake or river. They actually flood the bird, and the Rangers motor out in their boats.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    wolf is your comma button broken? :):

About the only thing I can think of, that I could even attempt to try ,,,,, that would compare to that, would be to try to back my pick up ,,,,, into the garage ,,,,, while blindfolded ,,,,, and relying on someone in the back ,,, to tell me what to do ,,,, over a radio ,,,,
    probably would make for a good sitcom show :popcorn2:

wolfman

Xring

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's typical military helicopter pilot training. The pilot isn't doing that by himself. It takes the crew chief in the back guiding him in and relaying instructions to the pilot over the intercom. "Thirty feet to go, left 6 feet, down 10 feet, back five feet, right three feet, down two feet..stop hold."

Top Bottom