• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishhp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    I just wanted to say a big "thanks" to everyone on this forum. I spent about 2 months reading reading reading and just started "producing" my own ammo. I ended up going with the Lee Classic Turret and a Lee single stage for depriming. For the first time in I can't even remember how long I went to the range and didn't even think about how many rounds I was going through -- I just had fun!

I also went the rock tumbler route for cleaning brass and it seems to be working well. My brass is sure shiny!

Thankfully, I grabbed as much powder as I could afford along the way and have plenty until things start showing up regularly again. HP38 and VV N320 are the powders I've started with. I'm not going to start getting too exotic with testing loads until powder gets back to a more regular supply. I'm really looking forward to coming up with my own pet loads, but for now, it's more than enough that my family and I can go burn through ammo without worrying about where the next box of 50 is coming from.

Sometimes we take each other for granted, but I just wanted to say it sure is great to have everyone here as a resource. The anti-gunners will never understand the sense of community we all have.

Irish

DRoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Whiteland, IN.
    This is exactly why I got on this site just yesterday!! I know I have a lot of research cause I am just getting started with the whole reloading idea. I would be happy to hear any of your doe's and do nots if your willing. Did you have a thread that you kept while you were doing your research? If so I would like to read it.
    Thanks

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Glad you are jumping in with both feet Irish. It is a great activity for the family.

I do a lot of reloading myself. I did about 10,000 rounds last year and plan on doing 20 to 30K this year.

PM me if you need any suggestions on components.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Wish I had bought more of HP-38 when it was plentiful. Sounds like you are well on your way for a good winter activity. Lord knows we have plenty of winter. Stay with published data and pay attention to detail and things should go well for you.

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    I just purchased a couple of progressuve press setups and componets to start reloading myself.. good luck on your trials

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    I have been doing it for a few years and just set up my first progressive tonight. I have to say it is as fun as shooting sometimes. This sight is a great resource for hand loading. It's funny when I used to be able to scrape up some mad money I would find a firearm to buy but now it's reloading components. Have fun and post your setup in the sticky above I think I will once mine is done.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I've been averaging 210 rounds/each day for the last 8 months or so. Mix of pistol (.45, .40, .357) and rifle (all sorts, from 20 calibers to 30 calibers and a few bigger). I've been trying to push that average up a bit though. I do reload, obviously, and am normally making ammo throughout the day just to keep inventory up. If any of you guys are in the NW corner and need any help, just let me know!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    The sense of community among reloaders has always been very high, but with this latest surge in interest, due to issues with ammo availability, guys are helping each other out more than ever. As gun owners, we know our rights are under constant attack. Having something as empowering as being able to make our own ammo for our guns must make the power-grabbing libtards almost pee themselves. That makes me feel all warm n' fuzzy inside. :)

Top Bottom