• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I have a good friend that sells them. He was a smoker for 25 years and quit cold turkey with one of those e-cigs. I can get him to cut you a discount. He's local and has some stock now. PM me for info.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    What sucks about the electric cigs is. (no pun intended) They are fatter and longer than an actual cigarette, and the weight is way off. Those things ehhh are not so hard to come to terms with. The real kicker for me is that you just smoke on the thing forever, its not like a cigarette where it burns down and when its gone its done, ya never know when you have like smoked a cig the thing will just go on and on as long as you drag on it. At least for me these would be way more affective if it turned off or shut down when you had gotten to the point where you have consumed the equivalent to one cigarette. There may be pricey models available that do this but I have yet to encounter them.

Other than that I must say the smoking experience is quite realistic and mostly very satisfying. The only other thing that bugs me is... OK lets be honest smoking cigaretts is doing drugs. When you smoke cigarettes your consuming nicotine one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. When you use the electric cigarettes essentially you are by passing the substance as it is available naturally and concentrating the main ingredient nicotine and inhaling it. When I think of it like that it seems way too closely related to freebasing or real drug abuse for my comfort level. I mean if your not gonna smoke quit, dont figure out a more efficient way to mainline your drug of choice under the guise of acceptance. It just seems like with most things the more regulation added sometimes the worse it becomes. Trading one addiction for another is never a solution.

When I was a kid the guy on TV giving the weather report had a cigarette between his fingers. If you went to the hospital there were ash trays on the nurses station and more than likely the doctor rendering your diagnosis was gonna be sporting a smoke as he related the test results too you, everyone smoked. In every war up until desert storm cigarettes were a staple sent to our troops on the battlefield the same as c rations.

We have only learned after having 20 30 and 40 year studies the real repercussions of smoking on an individuals health. Once those repercussions became evident then all the propaganda sprang up in hopes of hurrying forward a concept. All the smoking bans in public areas related to second hand smoke. There is no real comprehensive data proving the dangers of second hand smoke. There are more studies that prove the dangers associated with car exhaust and they are far more prevalent as to the damage done to an individual. Yet nobody in general is running around screaming about it, the reason being that no matter who you are smoker or non smoker you probably drive a car. Ok **** I have to split, I am not done writing on this topic LOL I probably have another paragraph or two on this. just the Ol Lady wants me in bed I has to go LOL...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    These have been in my crosshairs for several weeks now. I have been on the lookout for people using eCigs, and I always try to ask questions when I see someone who is enjoying one. Everyone says the same thing as the person in the video. I'm going to go buy it Friday and try it out. It's worth a shot. Even without extended testing, it is the lesser of two evils, and seemingly the best step forward to quitting altogether.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    That's very interesting. I really need to quit. I tried Chantix but it really did not work out.

You should try them. I used the blu brand and quit cold turkey after about 15 years of smoking. I tried all sorts of crap through the VA and over the counter, but the e-cig was the only thing that actually got me to quit.

It was stupid easy to stop using the e-cig too. I just stopped using it in July.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    What sucks about the electric cigs is. (no pun intended) They are fatter and longer than an actual cigarette, and the weight is way off. Those things ehhh are not so hard to come to terms with. The real kicker for me is that you just smoke on the thing forever, its not like a cigarette where it burns down and when its gone its done, ya never know when you have like smoked a cig the thing will just go on and on as long as you drag on it. At least for me these would be way more affective if it turned off or shut down when you had gotten to the point where you have consumed the equivalent to one cigarette. There may be pricey models available that do this but I have yet to encounter them.

Other than that I must say the smoking experience is quite realistic and mostly very satisfying. The only other thing that bugs me is... OK lets be honest smoking cigaretts is doing drugs. When you smoke cigarettes your consuming nicotine one of the most addictive drugs on the planet. When you use the electric cigarettes essentially you are by passing the substance as it is available naturally and concentrating the main ingredient nicotine and inhaling it. When I think of it like that it seems way too closely related to freebasing or real drug abuse for my comfort level. I mean if your not gonna smoke quit, dont figure out a more efficient way to mainline your drug of choice under the guise of acceptance. It just seems like with most things the more regulation added sometimes the worse it becomes. Trading one addiction for another is never a solution.

When I was a kid the guy on TV giving the weather report had a cigarette between his fingers. If you went to the hospital there were ash trays on the nurses station and more than likely the doctor rendering your diagnosis was gonna be sporting a smoke as he related the test results too you, everyone smoked. In every war up until desert storm cigarettes were a staple sent to our troops on the battlefield the same as c rations.

We have only learned after having 20 30 and 40 year studies the real repercussions of smoking on an individuals health. Once those repercussions became evident then all the propaganda sprang up in hopes of hurrying forward a concept. All the smoking bans in public areas related to second hand smoke. There is no real comprehensive data proving the dangers of second hand smoke. There are more studies that prove the dangers associated with car exhaust and they are far more prevalent as to the damage done to an individual. Yet nobody in general is running around screaming about it, the reason being that no matter who you are smoker or non smoker you probably drive a car. Ok **** I have to split, I am not done writing on this topic LOL I probably have another paragraph or two on this. just the Ol Lady wants me in bed I has to go LOL...

I see what you're saying but for me this is a way to cut down on the nicotine level until I am using this thing with no nicotine. At that point I can either continue using this out of habit, or I can use it less and less until I don't use it at all. Either way, and even if I never cut out the nicotine, it is much safer than smoking. I have not woke up hacking and coughing since I started using this. I already feel better and have more energy. As much as I smoked (about 2 packs a day) I've saved over $30 in the last 3 days. The fact that my body has already reacted in a positive way tells me this is a safer way to get the nicotine. When I am at work and feel the need for a cigarette I take this thing out of my pocket, take a couple of hits off of it, and I feel fine and am back to work. That is better than having to go outside and when I went outside and lit up a real cig, I smoked the whole thing. With this, just a few drags does the trick. This thing has been fantastic for me.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You should try them. I used the blu brand and quit cold turkey after about 15 years of smoking. I tried all sorts of crap through the VA and over the counter, but the e-cig was the only thing that actually got me to quit.

It was stupid easy to stop using the e-cig too. I just stopped using it in July.

Yeah, when I was in. I went to the doctor and got put on something. Can not remember what it was. Of course it did nothing. I can go about two days. Then I'm ready to punch everyone around me. :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I just went and bought one of these things. It appears to be of the generic version, as the manual that came with it looks like it was printed right from Google Translator. But...even though I paid like $75 for it, if it keeps me from smoking regular smokes for awhile, then it will be mission accomplished. If I can get rid of all smoking habits altogether, then I will be in good shape. I stood there and tried all the different "flavors" they had, and while they all tasted like ****, I ended up buying a bottle of Montana Blend flavor. It will take a little to get used to, but it was the most tolerable of all of them. One bottle should last about 2 weeks of heavy use. Equivalent to 2 cartons of cigarettes, yet cost $8

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I wish you all the best of luck. I've never been a "Lifer" at smoking, but I was regularly going through 2 packs a day when I was out in MO, and after I cam back here. I still smoke but I decided I didn't want to smoke nearly as much or waste that kind of money. I go through maybe a pack a month, some months 2, maybe even 3 but I can't recall that - it varries greatly may not smoke any for a month or two even. And I go through the entire pack in a day or two, by the end I'm not usually wanting another one. After a while it's not so bad, and knowing that if I keep smoking then the draw/addiction/cravings will grow and that pisses me off greatly. I don't like being controlled, even if it's by me. So, I keep them at bay for the most part.

Anyways, I can't understand how this is helpfull to quit smoking. If you just want healthier cigs and plan to carry on for the foreseeable future, than sure, smoke this instead. But from my understanding, it's just as pointed out in an earlier post "Free basing nicotine" and as another pointed out the things never end, they just keep going until you stop or they run out of crack. Again, seriouisly I hope these work out for you all who are trying them, but just wanted to bring up my thoughts on smoking cigarettes to wane yourself off of smoking cigaretts. I don't claim to be in anyones shoes here so maybe it is usefull for a life long smoker. I do know that most people are only physically capable of being chemically dependent on 2 or 3 cigs a day as that's all the receptors in a human brain can absorb. It isn't the same for everyone, but anything more than the 2 or 3 is adiction from habbit not chemical. So if you're smoking a pack a day, maybe try 1 after each meal (The best time if you ask me) and then take up bubble gum between meals. It's a battle of wits and minds IMO, not a battle of chemicals. If the battle was chemical, then the patch would have solved this years ago. Just thoughts and again I don't want to come off like I think I have all the answers. Above is just what I did because I had no desire to be a non-smoker, but I did have a desire to not be addicted. Am I still hooked? Sure some, when I do buy a pack it's because it's been nagging on me for a bit, and when I ask myself if I really want a cigarette and I've answered yes a few times in a row I go out and buy them. The eCigs just seem like planning to fail because you're still renforcing the primary addiction which is the behavioral/habbit itself and not the nicotine, .... which you're still consuming.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    After 30+ years of smoking cigarettes, cigars and pipes the good ol' nicotine patch and Wellbutrin did it for me.

That was 7 years ago and a every day since I still find myself desiring a smoke. Don't think it ends the day you throw the e-cig, patch, pill, etc. away. You are addicted to a very powerful drug that will fight you to the bitter end. It is a long term challenge that many can't handle in the long run and will require every ounce of will power you can muster. All I can say is good luck to anyone that wants to quite and a big thumbs up to those that have kicked the nasty and dangerous habit.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    The thought of not really knowing what i'm inhaling makes me uncomfortable, and the fact that most of the cartridges to those things are made in china solidifies my distrust.
    I roll my own cigarettes for smoking on the go, and prefer my meerschaum pipe when at home, I buy some natural tobacco from reputable dealers, and grow the rest myself, Kentucky Burley and Turkish Bafra are the strains i grow, dry, cure, cut, mix and smoke.
    If i wanted to vape it i would get a mini heat gun and/or a digital forced air vaporizer... and continue to avoid both the over priced mystery cartridges, and the mass manufactured over taxed name brand death sticks.

Sorry guys, but this whole ECigarette craze, and all the banner ads that are polluting the interwebz, is making me sick.

Do it yourself, or its not worth it:patriot:

Top Bottom