This is fun. Amazon junk dealer trying to...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ...Get me to go in with him and take a loss on his crap products.

So I bought an aftermarket battery for my daughter's Dell laptop. Worked great. For a month and a half. Just outside the Amazon return window it died and was making her laptop power off forcibly. I put her old battery back in and it would function, but wouldnt run on battery more than 20 mins, but at least it ran.

So I requested a replacement thru Amazon and they said to contact the seller. I did and they without hesitation sent a replacement. Cool. Or not.

It arrived and I put it in. for 30 seconds, no battery indicator. Then flashing yellow. Error.

So I emailed them to tell them the new one is DOA and I want a refund. "Dear sir, please wait for the replacement."

"This IS the replacement. You sent me a replacement in worse shape. This didnt even last 5 minutes. it was dead when it arrived."

"We are terribly sorry. will you accept a $20 refund?"

"Uh, NO! I paid $35, not my fault your product is crap. I'll gladly return it if you want to send a return tag, but I will accept nothing less than a full refund. I appreciate your attempt to fix it, but considering it was DOA, not my fault. " (I was a bit more polite)

So we see if I have to engage Amazon's A-Z guarantee.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yeah, once you contact the seller, if they don't offer a refund you can request it through amazon, especially for a DOA item. This is also why I order only for things supplied by amazon. I had replacement cables ordered for my headset. I order them 2 at a time typically...and they last about 3-6 months (depending on how the kids treat them).

I was expecting 2 cords on a Wednesday. One didn't arrive so I opened a chat with amazon CS. He apologized, said it was coming in two packages, and expedited a cord. I got the "replacement" cord on Friday, and the original cord on Saturday. They sent me 3 cords for the price of 2.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have had to return items to Amazon twice. Never had an issue, even contacted the seller about a trailer light set that had an fault. All fast and easy, they even picked them up at my house.

Don

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yup, I've learned to order items only when serviced by Amazon.

Don't remember what it was but I ordered something thru Amazon one time and when I got it it was crapola. I was in a bind so I made the necessary repairs/mods to make it work and left a negative feedback with the full story. I was only the 3rd or 4th person to review it and one day I get an email offering me a new one if I changed my feedback. I respectfully declined and long story short they actually offered me a refund of 3x the purchase price to change the feedback. Nah, ain't happenin'.

Top Bottom