this is ridiculous. and why are we in this handbasket?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That's because they don't define hard work the same way we do.

There's a difference between doing the hard work, and just working hard.

I can work really hard breaking rocks all day, doesn't means I'm doing the hard work to get ahead in life.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's because they don't define hard work the same way we do.

There's a difference between doing the hard work, and just working hard.

I can work really hard breaking rocks all day, doesn't means I'm doing the hard work to get ahead in life.

I knew what you are saying here to be true but I wouldn't have been able to express it like you did. Excellent post!

Breaking rocks can get you ahead in life. You do so by taking advantage of every opportunity put in front of you.

I started out in my factory making $11 an hour as a laborer. I took advantage of the companies weld school and immediately got a nice raise. Then about 5 years ago, I took advantage of my companies maintenance trainee program. I am now making over $20 an hour and have a much larger skill set vs being content as a laborer for the rest of my life. I'm making over $5 an hour more than laborers as well. We've had people start from the ground and work their way into management in just a few years. They worked hard but they did the hard work as well. They didn't sit around waiting for someone to drag them kicking and screaming to higher achievement. They worked for it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've worked in about 5 career fields since I came off Active Duty (my first adult job [for some values of "adult"]). Each time I've worked myself up through the system, and where that wasn't possible, I found another job.

Top Bottom