This is terrifying...and these people VOTE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The guy with the "I heart DC" shirt needed a bloody mary... stat!!

I agree.

1. It's California. I don't expect a lot of intellectual firepower.

2. Drag a microphone up and down any city in Indiana and I would anticipate similar responses.

Or any city anywhere. What I wonder is just how many people they have to question to get the half dz to dz people per clip. What they guy out there for 15 minutes or 15 hrs?

LOL this is epic

QFT

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You might want to browse his other videos for more head-shaking stupidity.

I did browse and I did shake my head - for multiple reasons. A lot of his stuff is "stupid man on the street"* and then... :tinfoil:

The guy's an author of several books on the top global conspiracies.

* Obviously these videos are funny (look at those rubes!), and we all love to be outraged about stupidity, but I do wonder what the got left on the editing room floor.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Or any city anywhere. What I wonder is just how many people they have to question to get the half dz to dz people per clip. What they guy out there for 15 minutes or 15 hrs?

Take a look at any of these videos that he did where he tried to give away/sell cheap silver and gold and couldn't do it. Do you think he could afford to do this if he had a high "failure" rate?

Here is a very good example where someone actually does take him up on his deal:
    [video=youtube_share;z7usCHnZ-8c]http://youtu.be/z7usCHnZ-8c[/video]

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Take a look at any of these videos that he did where he tried to give away/sell cheap silver and gold and couldn't do it. Do you think he could afford to do this if he had a high "failure" rate?

Why should the man-on-the-street believe him as to the authenticity? There's a microphone and a camera pointed at them, so there much be a catch. If they simply say "no" and walk away they're not risking any loss. If they accept his deal, there's a chance they're out $.99. Studies have repeatedly shown that the upside must far outweigh the downside before people accept these deals.

There was a Radiolab (or was it Planet Money?) story on this psychological phenomenon. It's partially the same reason people set up there withholdings to receive large tax refunds. Mr. Dice is just illustrating psychology, not necessarily the fact that no one knows the market value of gold and silver.

And why should we have to know? We're off the gold and silver standard so the commodity value of these two metals is about as relevant as the market price for pork bellies or FCOJ. (Unless you're as tin-foiled as Mr. Dice)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That exact fallacy and ignorance is why he did so many of those videos directly in front of a coin shop and often invited people to go in with him to verify the precious metals authenticity.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That exact fallacy and ignorance is why he did so many of those videos directly in front of a coin shop and often invited people to go in with him to verify the precious metals authenticity.

I heard him mention the coin shop once, "they're overstocked". Not does he say, "This is valued at $30", No he says that after the foreigner accepts. If he offered to take me in to this conveniently placed coin shop and talk the man behind counter... why should I not think the guy's a shill?

I got places to go - no time for sidewalk shenanigans. I, like probably most people, don't like my space invaded by douchey strangers.

Nevertheless, he made his point - few people know the value of 1 oz. of silver. And unless you buy or sell silver, why should someone have to know this?

- JK (The Devil's advocate)

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    if it was a oz id take him up on as many as i could buy.

just looked 1 oz silver is $15, i got a 1 oz silver coin as a high school grad present. wish it was gold. gold is down to $1200 a oz was 2500 at one time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    i tell the wife all the time that people are stupid, and stupid people **** me off. and stupid people is some of the problem we have in the country. also u cant discipline your kids. i have in walmart before and people say stuff to u. had one guy walk up to me and said something about kind words are better. my response was please dont bomb me and see where that got them. please dont shoot me. please dont fly a plane in a sky scraper see where that got us. i walked away because i dont want to go to jail, ive seen several vids like that still amaze me

HR50???

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Mark Dice's latest video. He's trying to sell a $1500+ silver bar and can't find anyone to even give him $25 for it.

[video=youtube_share;6gmp2IqReFQ]http://youtu.be/6gmp2IqReFQ[/video]

Top Bottom