This is the market were in! Good grief, get over it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Why does everyone refer to people selling or trading at market value as ripping people off? If something is listed at 3 weeks ago prices, 10 people jump on it.

If you had 50 AR mags you didn't need, you would sell for the top dollar people were willing to pay. So why in the same breath do you want to trade your gun for "ar mags" or 5.56 ammo, and say "And I know what those mags are worth". No one is going to pm you and trade you at the old market prices, when they could sell elsewhere.

How could you imagine a single person will contact you ("Oh, I see you aren't all about these new market prices of $0.60 a round, I have 5k rounds ill sell you at $0.30 per round." )Seriously, it doesn't matter MSRP, what all the online sites say who are out of stock, etc. your items are worth 'market value' at all times.

If you say people are fools to pay $2k for a basic AR, you are a fool too. Because you decided NOT to sell your AR right now, you are admitting you would rather have your AR than the $2k you could sell it for. Therefore we are all fools.

End rant, thank you.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    You sir, are most certainly correct.
    But we like to b..ch when we have to pay more money and we missed the boat. It makes us feel better. Sorry it makes you so angry.

Ok, I'm not sorry.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Haha! Now I feel stupid for my mags and ammo I do have. Why am I willing to keep these!? I'm a fool.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I havent sold anything...

I would rather have my AR than 2k honestly. I worked hard to save the money I have invested in it. I made it the way I want it. Its my rifle.

And it could save my life or someone in my family's one day. Where as walking around with 2k in my pocket could easily get me killed in some places.

So Ill just be a fool and keep my AR.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    I understand the sellers point about trying to get all they can get out of the item. The issue I have is people paying more today than yesterday, just because of a scare. In saying this, I myself have made MANY spur of the moment purchases that most would consider silly. Hopefully prices will come back down later this year.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Supply and demand. Its not that hard to figure out.

If they do not want to pay the price now, then they should have paid less in the past.

chuck

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    To bad I already have my AR's and AK's with a few dozen magazines and thousands of rounds of ammo so I didn't have to pay ridiculous prices. That was until the tragic boating accident on Lake Michigan. Please note my Remington 870 and other guns were lost. It was terrible.

If not I could have had butt loads of money selling them....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I agree 100%. Anybody willing to sell is taking a huge risk that they won't be able to replace what they sell. That alone is worth a premium. The fact that people didn't buy when prices were low is their fault. I'm in that boat right now. Had a gun I was waiting until after the 1st of the year to buy. That plan bit me. It's my fault... nothing more to say about it...

Top Bottom