• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Went to the Ft. Wayne 500 on Saturday, decided I needed a fun gun to do some cheap plinking with, so I picked up a Puma 1873 SSA 22lr from Stryker Action out of Stroh. Got the gun home and it misfires on 2 of the first 6 shots. Ended up shooting 400+ rounds from various manufactures trying everything I knew to make this thing shoot. The gun fired all 6 rounds in cylinder only 3 or 4 times. Called Stryker Action today and took the gun over to them, Chad stepped out back to his range to shoot it, misfires 3 out of 6 rounds. He spends about 5 minutes on the phone talking to "his guy", looks at me and tells me that my new gun will be here Thursday on his dime. Thank you Chad for quick and decisive service.

Newgun.jpg

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Here is the replacement.

Here is the replacement.
    DSC01232640x378.jpg

I settled for a blued one, the "worn" finish one would have taken around 3 weeks to get. The problem with the original gun is that the cylinder's center bore is drilled incorrectly or the center bore insert is under sized, either way it allows the cylinder to move forward out of reach of the firing pin. BTW, the spots on the pistol are rain drops not blemishes in the finish.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I'd like to add, thanks for following up and showing the complete story and not just ranting and complaining and name calling. It's nice to see someone with a more positive outlook.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    I like it, how does it perform? what cost range?

$200 out the door.
    Out of the box with Winchester 40gr Wildcats, it was printing 3" left and 4" low. The sites are not adjustable, so I bent the front site blade to the left a tad. It now prints center and 2" low, good enough for a plinker/fun-gun. The action is smooth and lock up is solid with no cylinder slop. The trigger pull is crisp and surprisingly light at (best guess) 3.5-4 lbs. Not the most accurate or best looking SAA I've ever shot, but it will serve my intended purpose quite well.

oh, by the way, this one shoots everytime...so far.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Sounds like you were treated very well.Customer service is not dead.
    Nice looking revolver too.:D

Top Bottom