This is unreal (5 seconds until bullet hits target)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sprague_c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Found this on you tube. This guy is shooting 2751 yrds. That's over a mile and a half[ame="http://youtu.be/iqCMfTZuWB8"] http://youtu.be/iqCMfTZuWB8[/ame]

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    No way to be sure of the validity of the clip. And there's some factors I didn't hear brought to bear, such as wind velocity and direction at the target, which is likely different than at the bench.

Nor did we see any movement of the rifle upward to compensate for the other 10, though he stated he is.

Good shooting, if it's authentic. Long range shooting is definitely fun and rewarding! :yesway:

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    I saw something like this a couple of weeks ago very old 8mm mauser. About 1000 yards and 45' of bullet drop but he was hitting the target within a couple of rounds.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Im impressed with long range shooters!! It takes a lot of patience and dedication to achieve shots like that. Ive tried, and its just not for me.
    It seems like you really have to calculate the correct shot (Math) and I hate math! Overall, if the video is legit, its an impressive shooting experience.

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Is it safe to assume that the video was not shot (no pun intended) in Indiana? There's not that much elevation change in the whole state.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    As impressive as the shooting was, I am more amazed that the guy spotting said he could see the hits on the rock ! What kind of spotting scope gives you that kind of clarity at that range ?

Scoe3202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    They could have shot and during editing selected the target. Semi-impressed at the range but seems kind of bogus!

Top Bottom