• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Wow...glad he survived. Given the same scenario with a carry weapon, it would be interesting to see the outcome.
    Scum like this I'll bet you draw they run fast or beg... 4 guys come on even if the guy had a $100 on him $25 a piece... punks is all it is and in that area that time of night unless they were going to hit somebody dealing nobody walking home from the bar or the corner store has any money.

If not that is why I train 4 targets 13 shots that should do the job.:draw:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Hate to hear stuff like this. Glad the guy is OK. If he carried he could have walked aay unhurt and maybe they would have as well.

4 aggressors....I'd likely need all 16 I have available :D

Kidding aside, you hope theyrun upon your draw and everyone goes home. Them with a little bit of the "mud butt" going on.

MoTown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I'm waiting for the article reporting on how there was an attempt on a situation like this against a member of this forum. If it ends the way I feel it would by judging how most of us would react, that article would be worthy of framing.

:popcorn:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    We won't get into the whole 9mm / 40S&W debate.....:rolleyes:

No we won't. We'd have the .45 acp bunch in here ghetto stomping us! :):

I was taking a crack at my own aim. In multi shot practice I usually hit ...ahem ...low with the first shot or 2 so they might not be stopped right away with the 124gr +p or 147gr. vasectomy.

9MM VS .40 is a non-issue for me.I don't want to be on the receiving end of either!
    And hopefully not the giving end unless forced to.

And we apparently both know you can dodge the slower moving.45 with a little practice and tips from Angelina Jolie;)

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    We all know the only "handgun" of sufficient firepower for use in the Ghetto is an .223 AR-15 pistol, with a 100 round Beta-CMag.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    And we apparently both know you can dodge the slower moving.45 with a little practice and tips from Angelina Jolie;)

There was a thread here somewhere about watching it make it's way to the target... Anybody remember Roger Rabbit?? I loved those bullets...:ar15:

I'm not Superman but I am almost faster then a speeding .45....lol

:hijack:

Back to the OP!!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Four men beat 29-year-old on South Rush Street in South Bend | WSBT - News, Weather, Sports South Bend | Local News

I might be 6'2" 300lbs and used to be all muscle(you get old you get fat and lazy). but I could not take on 4 guys and win, THIS IS WHY I CARRY!!!!

The guy is lucky to be alive.

Lots of variables.... Having a gun could have made things worse, or at least not improved his position at all....

If you're already in melee combat with four people, pulling a gun from the holster without a lot of training and practice, with live combative training partners is a good way to lose your gun and or get shot by it.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Lots of variables.... Having a gun could have made things worse, or at least not improved his position at all....

If you're already in melee combat with four people, pulling a gun from the holster without a lot of training and practice, with live combative training partners is a good way to lose your gun and or get shot by it.

Well he apparently didn't loose his wallet, so maybe he could have wielded the pistol without loss as well.

bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    Sad to say but there is a pressing need to remain aware and guarded at all times so you may recognize danger and take action before you become a victim. No matter where you are or how close you are to home.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I heard this on the news this morning and have to believe robbery was not the motive for the attack. 4 on 1 and they couldn't get his wallet from him? I wonder how long and severe the beating was and the extent of his injuries, since he refused medical attention (could be as simple an answer as he didn't have health care coverage).

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    "The man was walking into his home in the 600 block of South Rush Street when four unknown men attacked him about 12:30 a.m. and began kicking and punching him in the face and ribs, according to the incident report."

Wow, looks like the poor guy was just getting home. BG's might have been waiting for him in the bushes.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Back in my much younger days (early 80s, Ft. Bragg) we young paratroopers would often find ourselves in, shall we say, altercations. These were a product of drinking at rough bars late into the night, and thinking that we were ten feet tall and bulletproof Anyway, I stupidly got into quite a few scrapes.

One time I got into a fight with three guys. We had run them off earlier from the ladies we were trying to pick up, ladies with whom I had been unlucky, but not so my friends who were across the parking lot about to leave.

The three guys saw me alone and jumped me. We fought for a while before my friends saw and came running. I had been holding my own until they got there.

What I learned from that, and what I've been told subsequently by guys who know much better than I, is that sometimes there's an opportunity when multiple people are attacking you. Just as when five guys lift a piano, there's always a coupld of guys shirking. I suspect that with four guys attacking this guy, not all four were fully committed to the job. As they say about a bacon and egg breakfast - the chicken was involved, but the pig was committed.

Top Bottom