I think they're great....

5623_10102310493574288_1884520784_n.jpg

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My New Frontier Armory lower has lasted for several thousand rounds now and taken quite a bit of abuse. I've watched the torture tests they put theirs through and they outperform the metal lowers. I would recommend a New Frontier poly lower to anyone who wants to go that route. People hate on poly lowers, but what about a Glock, XD, or M&P?

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    This is maybe the 3-4th time I've seen this kind of thing happen to someone on various forums. And it's why I think if I were going to use a poly lower, it might be for a .22. But at least it seems like ATI will take care of you OP.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    My New Frontier Armory lower has lasted for several thousand rounds now and taken quite a bit of abuse. I've watched the torture tests they put theirs through and they outperform the metal lowers. I would recommend a New Frontier poly lower to anyone who wants to go that route. People hate on poly lowers, but what about a Glock, XD, or M&P?

If I could find a New Frontier lower at a decent price, I would buy one just to see if I could break it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I just got off the phone with ATI costumer service. Treated me pretty good. I am sending my lower in and they will fix or replace it. Then will pay up to $25 for a FFL fee.I will be shipping it in sometime this week.

I'm glad to hear it worked out well. Hope you have better luck with the next one.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Comments like this give me reason to not give you my business.

I put together my first ar lower a few weeks ago. I watched several videos on how people put them together. As tight as some parts were on a M&P15, I am not sure I would want to use a poly.

Also I had a friend who has put several together use a poly lower and had issues with it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't know that this is a problem inherent in ALL poly lowers, or just this particular brand.

Premium polymer has glass fiber reinforcement, as high as 40% glass fiber. In my job, we use this kind of material a lot, for valve covers, oil pains, ECM brackets, you name it.

You'd be surprised just how rugged a polymer component can be. Is it even possible to make a quality plastic gun part?

Guess I should throw away my Glock.

The problem isn't that it's polymer, it's the KIND of polymer and the quality of the part.

You can also find crappy gun parts made of metal, too.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Was this area supported when you drove the pin out? A deep well socket works well for support/catching the pin.

No I didn't have the area supported very well and this is probably why it broke. I was very surprised that ati did not ask me how it broke. I just said that one of the ears broke off the front takedown pin area and the lady said ok he is a number and ship it to this address and we will look to see if we can repair it and if we cant we will send a new one to you ffl and pay up to $25 for the transfer fee.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I don't know that this is a problem inherent in ALL poly lowers, or just this particular brand.

Premium polymer has glass fiber reinforcement, as high as 40% glass fiber. In my job, we use this kind of material a lot, for valve covers, oil pains, ECM brackets, you name it.

You'd be surprised just how rugged a polymer component can be. Is it even possible to make a quality plastic gun part?

Guess I should throw away my Glock.

The problem isn't that it's polymer, it's the KIND of polymer and the quality of the part.

You can also find crappy gun parts made of metal, too.

This is exactly what I was getting at in my previous post. For those of you that read read read about all of the bad. How about that Tula ammo? Doesn't work in AR's? I didn't have any problem with that either.

It isn't a polymer lower that is the issue, its a brand and QC issue. With a bit of user error possible in the mix.

Top Bottom