• ...and so much more!
  • adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I thought it was pretty damn cool, and killer marketing. I think they already knew the risks involved and decided to do it anyways. I doubt this was some random idea.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its gets your attention, sometimes in business to be successful you need to take a risk. That guy took the ultimate one, hopefully it works out for him.

Although flip flops at work is not very professional lol. Looks like a fun place to work though.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    So the shooter took 3 shots at different areas of the glass panel. What if his aim was a bit off and he took 2 shots at the same section? Not sure that glass would've stopped 2 rounds hitting the same point. There's effective marketing and then there's being stupid. That guy was just being stupid.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Its gets your attention, sometimes in business to be successful you need to take a risk. That guy took the ultimate one, hopefully it works out for him.

Although flip flops at work is not very professional lol. Looks like a fun place to work though.

I don't think taking business risks is quite on the same level as taking dumb risks with your life.

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    While I agree that safety is important, there are times when risk is necessary. They can now say, with complete conviction, that their product works, and yes, they'll trust their own lives with it. Risking human lives as a sort of final litmus test is done all the time; almost always with money as a motivator.

It's difficult to find a more conclusive proof of performance then "I'll trust it with my life, watch this."

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Look at her holding the glass in front of her face....Why can't I get my wife to do that?!? Of course this is a phrase I've been saying since I got married :laugh:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Did anyone notice that the guy nearly jumped out of his skin when the first bullet hit the glass? ( I think I would have puckered so hard a proctologist would have been required to remove the stool I was sitting on.) Not a smart way to prove your point, but very effective. Would have been better if the shooter had put on his safety glasses though.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The maker of second chance body armor used to put a 44 mag against his chest and shoot a round. It never penetrated, but that had to hurt. Even with a phone book as padding, that is a lot of energy to absorb. Glad both of the products work.

That was up in Detroit... we used to wear 2CH to HS !!! ;)

About the vid..... what do you expect the guy was wearing flip-flops !!!

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Well I don't know about anybody else but that didn't make me to comfortable. I don't care if he knew it was safe or not, thats just NOT smart.

Reminds me of the guy that makes the saw stop table saw. It stops the blade if you accidentally get your hand in it. To prove it he puts his finger into the spinning blade. Whether you trust it or not, it's just plain stupid.

Wow...three new candidates for Darwin awards.

Might have been cooler with tracer rounds though! ;)

Even if you KNOW it's safe it's still not smart? Whether you trust it or not it's stupid?

Any of you drive a car? Fly in airplanes? Every time you do you're putting your life on the line and trusting the technology with your life. What if the brakes fail, what if the plane crashes? Were you all stupid and deserved to die for using those modes of transport? He wasn't doing it for fun. It was to promote his product. A calculated risk. He obviously knows what his product can do.

I know that I can trust my dog. I could coat myself in cat meat and wrestle with him for days. He'd never bite or hurt me. I wouldn't do that with a wolf.(OK, I wouldn't really do it with my dog either, but not for safety reasons.)

If you KNOW, it's not a huge risk.
    It's stupid to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. But if I checked my gun and was sure it was empty and you wanted to toss me $100 for the "risk" I'd do it no problem. You know that rule? All guns are always loaded? It's a safety mind trick...it's not true. I know because I spend a ton on ammo. If my guns were really always loaded I wouldn't need so many mags, or spend so much on ammo.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I wouldn't.
    Why not? Your gun. Drop the mag. Rack the slide. Lock it back. Check the chamber. Close the slide. Check twice more to be sure. For $100 you woulnd't do it?
    What about for a million? If you'd do it for a million...why not 100? Either way you know for a 100% fact you're walkin away unharmed and with more money than 1 second earlier.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why not? Your gun. Drop the mag. Rack the slide. Lock it back. Check the chamber. Close the slide. Check twice more to be sure. For $100 you woulnd't do it?
    What about for a million? If you'd do it for a million...why not 100? Either way you know for a 100% fact you're walkin away unharmed and with more money than 1 second earlier.

$100 flat out no. And yes, I'd know it was not loaded, but no still would not do it. $100 is not a life altering amount of money (barely a day altering amount of money) for a potentially life altering stupid action (even if I checked it myself multiple times). How many people that have an ND of any sort, thought what they were doing was safe until the gun went bang.

Honestly, the $1 million is too hypothetical for me to contemplate, as it is a somewhat life altering sum of money, but no one would really offer it to you in that context. I'd like to say that I would not do it for $1 million, but until faced with that specific situation, I can't claim that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom