• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    So today I was talking to some of my buddies and they were talking about call of duty (I couldn't add to the conversation since I don't destroy my brains with video games.) One of them said. ''This gun in call of duty world at war. The mosin nagant. It sucks man. No power, no accuaracy, and the bayonet attachment sucks.'' I laughed until my sides were burning then asked him ''Have you ever seen, heard, or shot a real gun? Or a Mosin Nagant?'' He replies. ''I don't like real guns.'' Now that my friends just made me laugh.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have a nephew that's a little younger than you and your friends. Same kinda stuff. Loves video games but doesn't like real guns.

He had a deer hunter tee shirt on his summer. I said, dude, that's awesome. I didn't know you were into hunting. He goes on about some video game. I invited him to come to the woods and hunt for real. He looked at me like I was a black belt in Kung Fool.

A generation of slugs. Glad to hear your rising above it.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    granted im 25 and ive played every one of them so far and waiting for the new one to come out this month.... my gun experience didnt come from any game but was ether first hand or the marine corps.... now i dont only collect guns i build them from a sten to my current project a RPD

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am a fan of both real guns and video games, Though i prefer real guns, Ive played the call of duty game hes talking about.

and I will have to agree with your friend, The mosin in COD does suck, mostly because Its just slow. and next to useless.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I am a fan of both real guns and video games, Though i prefer real guns, Ive played the call of duty game hes talking about.

and I will have to agree with your friend, The mosin in COD does suck, mostly because Its just slow. and next to useless.
    and for almost the same price as the game they could have a real mosin and find out for him self if its weak or not lol

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    So today I was talking to some of my buddies and they were talking about call of duty (I couldn't add to the conversation since I don't destroy my brains with video games.) One of them said. ''This gun in call of duty world at war. The mosin nagant. It sucks man. No power, no accuaracy, and the bayonet attachment sucks.'' I laughed until my sides were burning then asked him ''Have you ever seen, heard, or shot a real gun? Or a Mosin Nagant?'' He replies. ''I don't like real guns.'' Now that my friends just made me laugh.

You show wisdom beyound your years grasshopper! If only you could get him to shoulder your Mosin at a range and fire only one round. I think his reaction would be one of shock and awe...once he picked himself up off the ground! Do you think he could even actually lift it to his shoulder?

While I'm not really a gamer I did enjoy Diablo and Starcraft for a time, but that was about it. Good stratigy games...I too don't want to destroy and more brain cells then I already have (did enough of that with beer in my Navy days!).

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I play call of duty but my interest in firearms predates most shooting games Im 26 started with BB guns at 5 .22s at 6, 20g at 8 12ga at 10. and on and on and on. My dad has always been a hunter and shooter so it was planted deep in my genes. As for rotting your brain, I would say its safer than sitting in front of a computer.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    There were a lot of German soldiers who died at the hands of the real gun with " no power, no accuracy"
    I'm not a gamer, but this shows that it's not wise to get too much of lifes lessons from video games......it just might not match up!....my :twocents:

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I wouldn't classify myself as a hard core gamer, but I do spend many a late night once the wifey and kids are sleeping logging COD time. I would have to agree that there are lots of idiots on COD that have no freaking clue. I was raised in a Marine household and have been around firearms my whole life and would much rather have a real firearm in my hands than an XBOX controller. I'm 35, so I'm no punk kid and hope you guys don't hold it against me that I like to go on a 360 COD bender every now and then.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I wouldn't classify myself as a hard core gamer, but I do spend many a late night once the wifey and kids are sleeping logging COD time. I would have to agree that there are lots of idiots on COD that have no freaking clue. I was raised in a Marine household and have been around firearms my whole life and would much rather have a real firearm in my hands than an XBOX controller. I'm 35, so I'm no punk kid and hope you guys don't hold it against me that I like to go on a 360 COD bender every now and then.

Sounds like me. I'm 30 and play Black Ops a couple times a week after the kids go to bed (unless Sons of Anarchy is on that night). Well made game and the multiplayer is tons of fun. I've also been around firearms my whole life and know that the gun portrayals in the games are usually not very accurate as to which ones are good in real life. :ar15:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm not a gamer, but I know several people into it.
    Every time I hear the spoken game name "Call of Duty"...it cracks me up because I *hear* "Call of Doody" and think of the pool scene in Caddy Shack.

Sorry...that's all I got. :D

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Every time I hear the spoken game name "Call of Duty"...it cracks me up because I *hear* "Call of Doody" and think of the pool scene in Caddy Shack.

A friend showed this to me when Call of Duty: Black Ops came out and I think of it every time I hear the name of the game now:
    carl.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i remember when mw2 came out, they made a big deal about using real navy seals to help design the characteristics of the guns, but i guess they didnt get the input of ww2 russians for the world at war game.
    but that said, mw3 comes out tuesday. my daughter has already paid for it and the modern warfare "elite" 1 year subscription, so looks like i'll be up late playing:rockwoot:

if anybody want's to ad me im kravdude on both xbox and psn but ill be playing mw3 on the xbox

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany

LOL<------!!!!!!!

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010

I play cod and I actually very much disliked world at war and black ops because of the lack of realizum in the guns in those games. So many that play those games know absalutly nothing about real guns in the real world. Hell in world at war it took 3 hits from an m1 to take a guy out but one or two from an m1 carbine. Such bs. Both those were camptastic games as well. I really hope MW3 is more like MW2 then black ops or WAW.
    oh FWI Im Pointblankmfr on xbox

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    I work with a bunch of gamers that only come out of the house to go to work, every one of them thinks he's a gun expert, some of the stuff they say makes me laugh, out loud unfortunaltey

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    and for almost the same price as the game they could have a real mosin and find out for him self if its weak or not lol

As far as recoil, they are pretty weak. Now, I haven't shot a 91/30 but my brother's M44 seems really tame to me. And if the OP's friends are his age and he doesn't have anyone that will take him shooting or teach him about firearms, it'll be awhile before he can use the same money he spent for the game to purchase a real Mosin.

About the video game aspect, I don't really know that simply enjoying them destroys your brain. If you are addicted and all of your "knowledge" and opinions come from what you see in games, sure...but that is showing that you weren't really all that open minded from the start. If you use video games as something fun to kill some time (and don't let it interfere with life), there is nothing wrong with playing. If you listen to most of the kids (and many of the adults) that play online and think they have a clue about what they're talking about, it might destroy your brain. Most of those kids just know what they see on a TV screen and their opinions on firearms really shouldn't matter.

That said, my favorite rifle in World at War was the Mauser. I loved getting kids to rage with headshots.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I play cod and I actually very much disliked world at war and black ops because of the lack of realizum in the guns in those games. So many that play those games know absalutly nothing about real guns in the real world. Hell in world at war it took 3 hits from an m1 to take a guy out but one or two from an m1 carbine. Such bs. Both those were camptastic games as well. I really hope MW3 is more like MW2 then black ops or WAW.
    oh FWI Im Pointblankmfr on xbox

A kid I had a couple classes with last semester was telling me about Battlefield 3 and about the custom attachments (he saw me looking through a Brownell's AR catalog). Sounds like that aspect might be pretty decent. Might have to check that out after I see how the new Call of Duty feels.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :eek: He don't play video games?! There must be something wrong with that boy...:laugh:

Actually its very refreshing to hear. As I'm typing this, my 17 year old son is banging away on his xbox drum kit. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom