• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There is another story in the news that the DOJ is/will be sending a subpoena over this issue.

The story you cite calls this a "gaffe". To me a gaffe is an error. From what I have read so far, these yokels knew that they weren't going to comply with the MOVE act/law and informed that they wouldn't comply.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    There is another story in the news that the DOJ is/will be sending a subpoena over this issue.

The story you cite calls this a "gaffe". To me a gaffe is an error. From what I have read so far, these yokels knew that they weren't going to comply with the MOVE act/law and informed that they wouldn't comply.

I don't expect this corrupt DOJ to do anything.

DOJ Stalls Implementation of MOVE – Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act. Troops in field may be improperly denied their right to vote Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

Election Law Center: BREAKING: DOJ undermines Pentagon waiver denial and settles with Wisconsin on cozy terms

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    New York isn't the only Democratic stronghold denying military members the vote.

It is not accidental.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've read numerous articles on this type of abuse of our military and their voting rights in every major election since 2004. Just a thought. I'm trying to figure the downside of this...

How about introducing a bill that would invalidate all federal-level votes in an election in a state unless the military's vote was counted. No electoral college representation, no senators, no representatives. Since it appears to be heavily Democratic states or those that are extremely close that appear to be purposely denying military voting rights, it would be an interesting way to pressure them into complying.

Yes, if a state actually was hit with this penalty, there would be a huge controversy. However, it would be very easily traceable to the fact that the state government didn't allow the vote among those who had most clearly earned it. Thoughts?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I simply thing every person in the organization responsible for getting those votes to military members, and ensuring they are counted like everybody elses, should face 10 yrs jailtime for failing in their duties. No excuses, no outs. If the ballots don't get there, lots of people go to jail. They'd walk 'em there if they had to, and those military members would stop having their rights deliberately stripped from them.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I simply thing every person in the organization responsible for getting those votes to military members, and ensuring they are counted like everybody elses, should face 10 yrs jailtime for failing in their duties. No excuses, no outs. If the ballots don't get there, lots of people go to jail. They'd walk 'em there if they had to, and those military members would stop having their rights deliberately stripped from them.

I would be fine with this, but bureaucracies are designed to avoid individual responsibility. "We were following policy" or "this was a committee, not an individual decision" are common dodges.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This has been going on for a very long time. The Dems always try to throw out absentee military ballots in close races, it's a bread and butter tactic.

The military itself is often just incompetent at getting ballots to soldiers. We always had trouble when I was in Germany. The officer assigned to voting was usually one of the sorriest guys in the unit who got the job because he was the least trusted with important day to day matters.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom