• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Im a huge Pink Floyd fan and Roger Waters will be in Indy while I'm in Florida next June. He'll be in Florida while I'm there but I can't really take my 10 year old daughter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What's wrong with PF? My daughter's been listening to most of their albums since she was a baby. She knew most of DSOTM's lyrics by the time she was seven. I'd take her to a concert in a heartbeat (she's 12 now).

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What's wrong with PF? My daughter's been listening to most of their albums since she was a baby. She knew most of DSOTM's lyrics by the time she was seven. I'd take her to a concert in a heartbeat (she's 12 now).

I'm guessing the objection isn't to the band or the lyrics, but more so to the idea of a 10 year old hanging out in a pot-smoke infested concert.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the shows start at 8 and it looks like the Orlando concert is the day we'll be driving back. There's one in sunrise but it's way south of Orlando.

I may just ride to a show that's not too far away before or after our florida trip. I'd like to get a VIP ticket but they're $550-600 each. They're up in the front rows but I'm almost wondering if I would rather be back a little ways to take in the whole stage.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm guessing the objection isn't to the band or the lyrics, but more so to the idea of a 10 year old hanging out in a pot-smoke infested concert.

That to. I don't think my daughter would care for it. She's not into that kind of music. I don't know if my wife would really like it either. She grew up on country music. I don't want to she'll out $600 for a ticket just for a tag along.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Not sure if you've been to a concert lately, but smoking of any kind will get you thrown out pretty quick, even at a Pink Floyd show. There will still be surreptitious sparks, but it's NOTHING like it was 20 years ago.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've admittedly not been to a concert recently, however, I'm sure what you might run into varies depending on the venue. I'd guess you would get away with a lot more at an outdoor venue in California than say, a concert held at Conseco in Indianapolis.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was at a concert about 12 years ago at the Conseco Fieldhouse and there was marijuana smoke in the air then.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    He's gonna be at Yum center in Louisville on 6/12, if that is more workable for you. I took all 3 of my boys to see Rush there last year, and there is very little dope smoking that goes on. My step daughter doesn't like the music I do, but I think she would be amazed by the show Waters does.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Im a huge Pink Floyd fan
    I knew if I waited long enough I'd discover something wrong with you. :D

I listened to nothing but Pink Floyd for a year in college. Then one day I woke up and said "this is some damned depressing ****" and turned it off. 20 years later, a single note comes on the radio and I can't change channels fast enough. Pink Floyd makes me insta-rage.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I knew if I waited long enough I'd discover something wrong with you. :D

I listened to nothing but Pink Floyd for a year in college. Then one day I woke up and said "this is some damned depressing ****" and turned it off. 20 years later, a single note comes on the radio and I can't change channels fast enough. Pink Floyd makes me insta-rage.

Man, I thought we were friends!

I went ahead and bit my tongue and ordered 1 ticket. They went on sale today and I was afraid I wouldn't get a decent seat if I waited. I'll make it up to here someday. I should be in the first 10 rows in front of the stage.

Roger Waters VIP Nation Program
    Here's what the VIP party package includes.

Here's the seating arrangments for it.
    http://static.bokcenter.com/images/events/seating_charts/Roger Waters The Wall.jpg

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He's gonna be at Yum center in Louisville on 6/12, if that is more workable for you. I took all 3 of my boys to see Rush there last year, and there is very little dope smoking that goes on. My step daughter doesn't like the music I do, but I think she would be amazed by the show Waters does.
    How is the accoustics there? I wanted to see RW, but I refuse to watch another show at Conseco. Its impossible to get good tickets through live nation (somehow all LL or floor tix. are always gone and "best available" is nosebleeds..wtf???). The last two shows I saw at Conseco were, Metallica and ACDC, and I could honestly not tell the difference between one song to the next because the accoustics in the upper level were so bad. After that I vowed never again, but I would gladly take my happy ass to L'ville to watch RW.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How is the accoustics there? I wanted to see RW, but I refuse to watch another show at Conseco. Its impossible to get good tickets through live nation (somehow all LL or floor tix. are always gone and "best available" is nosebleeds..wtf???). The last two shows I saw at Conseco were, Metallica and ACDC, and I could honestly not tell the difference between one song to the next because the accoustics in the upper level were so bad. After that I vowed never again, but I would gladly take my happy ass to L'ville to watch RW.
    The only show I have seen there was Rush, and we were on the second row, so most, if not all the PA was behind us. My ex wife sat at the far end of the arena about 15 rows off the floor and said the sound was excellent. I've heard the upper level seats are really bad, but never been up there.

Top Bottom