• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm looking at Hotels now. I can get a room at the Holiday Inn that's a quarter mile away for $80 a night. I saw a room that's about 5 miles away that's $40. I plan on partaking of some of the free beer at the pre show party but not to the point of getting drunk. But I also don't want to try to ride a motorcycle out of that place and go 5 miles at midnight through downtown traffic. I'm thinking if I get a room farther away, I'd take a taxi to and from the show. I don't think it would be hard to spend more on the $40 room and taxis than it would to just get the $80 room and walk.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Last Show I was at was Metallica, St Anger tour.

Pot smoke everywhere. No cigarette smoke, heaven forbid. The place was rank with pot and spilled beer. The show totally rocked though. If it were me, I'd bring my son, just to try to get him listening to some older music for an appreciation of it. Floyd show's a little different than a Thrash concert.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was GOING to say, "You could offer to take Fletch because I've heard how much he lurrrves Pink Floyd."... but then he went and ruined it for me! :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Seeing Pink floyd is different than seeing Rodger Waters. I mean the WALL was Rodgers album but without the band it is just seeing Rodger waters.

Rodger waters: I saw the pro's and con's of hitchhiking tour with David sanborn on sax and Eric Clapton on guitar. THat was in chicago and among the best concerts I have ever attended.

I saw Radio Chaos in INDY. Weird but it was good.

Pink floyd:I was at the show at the Hoosier Dome and almost got jumped on from a person in the upper lever. I am also old enough to have seen them in Chicago but that was a good 30 years ago. Animals tour I believe.

Take the kid or go alone. I have always told my wife you can;t raise a kid on sesame street and then release them into saterday night live/

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    concerts ain"t what they used to be :(

That is an understatement. Best ever for me was Yes in the old Wembley Stadium in London in 1977. The first performance of the Animal concert back in the UK after an 18 month tour of the states. Floating Pigs and lasers, what a trip!

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I saw Pink Floyd in Jacksonville in '73. Even then they put on a fantastic concert.

Thanks for posting this (can't rep you right now or I most certainly would). I hadn't paid attention to Roger Waters in a few years. I just read a couple of reviews and ordered the DVDs The Wall (Live In Berlin), and In The Flesh (Live). I can't go to the concert, but I can get the music.

For Pink Floyd fans who haven't found it yet: David Gilmour Remember That Night. It's a fantastic DVD with the best version of Echoes I've seen yet.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Against my better judgement, I bought tix to the conseco show. This time however I am lower level, so I hope the sound is good.

Top Bottom