This war has several fronts. One front is the food supply.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Look at how many "accidental" fires are happening at food processing or food producing plants throughout the US lately. Scary when you check the data. I read articles from many sources.

MatthewH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2022
    Pendelton Indiana
    I'm certainly behind the curve.. last year was my first hunting season. This was my first year cultivating a garden. And as hack as it seams being a millennial actually was an obstacle to overcome in regards to this.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm certainly behind the curve.. last year was my first hunting season. This was my first year cultivating a garden. And as hack as it seams being a millennial actually was an obstacle to overcome in regards to this.
    It definitely is harder skills to acquire as an adult because most people who hunt “grew up hunting” self taught 7 years in between teaching myself to hunt and farm haven’t bought meat from a store for 6 years.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I went wild with meals in a jar…. Meatloaf tacos tons of soups milk along with the “normal” things. Some were winners some losers. But I needed the freezer space.
    Wife won’t can any milk products. But chili, speg. Sauce, salsa, Tom. Juice, Toms. Venison, beef cubes, rabbit, gr. beans. Peaches, jams, jelly, corn, veg. beef soup, and the like. It’s how we live. Don’t do much store bought stuff.

edit to add. Salmon, First week of Oct. I go catch salmon, we can that also.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wife won’t can any milk products. But chili, speg. Sauce, salsa, Tom. Juice, Toms. Venison, beef cubes, rabbit, gr. beans. Peaches, jams, jelly, corn, veg. beef soup, and the like. It’s how we live. Don’t do much store bought stuff.
    Missing out not canning milk it’s super easy and great for baking and such (not great for a cold glass of milk) I am not the best gardener so I still use some canned goods from the store unfortunately

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Missing out not canning milk it’s super easy and great for baking and such (not great for a cold glass of milk) I am not the best gardener so I still use some canned goods from the store unfortunately

Myself, I don’t have any problem with it. Wife’s a food scientist now in these matters I defer to her judgment, that whole happy wife thing. ;)

Top Bottom