This weather got anyone else thinkin bout longbeards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I dug out a few older diaphragm calls today to start getting practiced up. This weather will have me mildly distracted until I finally get to set out. Planning on the first four days of the KY season then coming back up for Indiana's opener and hunting for several days here (if required, boo for one bird bag). We've got possible opportunities in Nebraska and North Carolina this year as well, just waiting to hear if things are going to work out.

Anyone else getting the fever?

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I was driving to Defiance last week from Auburn and about a mile this side of Ohio I saw 7 tom's on the side of the road. Their beards looked a foot long! The week before I saw at least 25 turkeys about 3 miles north of Warsaw. It's good to know they survived the harsh winter. I don't hunt but it was exciting to see this. Hope you get a nice long beard this year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :hijack:

When I first saw this video I was thinkin "man... HAWT!" . Then I realized that the original ZZ top girls could be their mothers... And I could probably be their dad too...

[video=youtube;kaIZWjItReI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIZWjItReI[/video]

Carry on.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The warm weather has the boys thinking it's time to party. saw one all puffed up off 469 last night. Time is getting short! Be here soon!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm counting down the days. This will be my first year hunting birds with a trad bow.

The last couple times I've been to Wisconsin, the number of turkeys I've seen has been unbelievable. I wish I saw birds like that here.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    This'll be the first year I've ever been. I always see tons of turkeys when I'm deer hunting so I'm expecting to see plenty of deer :)

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I went to my property last week and saw 2 big toms standing on the edge of the road and I watched them walk right into my woods, I am hoping that my trail cams get some pics of them.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have been spending time on a new forum suggested by another INGO member called Oldgobbler.com

These guys are some serious turkey hunters and I have found some really good information on the site. Anyone serious about Turkey hunting should check it out. I never realized how many name brands of custom calls there are. Most of the custom calls makers are members and I have found a few calls I had never heard of from the makers Gooserbat and Hooks that are just awesome. Very little effort to make them blow.

They have a section on just gun patterning pics discussing loads and choke tubes, multiple classifieds sections for ammo, barrels, tubes etc...

I think you guys will like it. I appreciate the fact that when I ask questions I don't get the old...I have been hunting with the same gun and ammo for 20 years, you don't need ....

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I have been spending time on a new forum suggested by another INGO member called Oldgobbler.com

These guys are some serious turkey hunters and I have found some really good information on the site. Anyone serious about Turkey hunting should check it out. I never realized how many name brands of custom calls there are. Most of the custom calls makers are members and I have found a few calls I had never heard of from the makers Gooserbat and Hooks that are just awesome. Very little effort to make them blow.

They have a section on just gun patterning pics discussing loads and choke tubes, multiple classifieds sections for ammo, barrels, tubes etc...

I think you guys will like it. I appreciate the fact that when I ask questions I don't get the old...I have been hunting with the same gun and ammo for 20 years, you don't need ....

Heck yeah cl, Glad you liked that forum! I've been on there for awhile now! Great site!
    Bad thing is, it really gets ya fired up about season!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I glassed a big ugly double beard several time over the last couple of weeks. Odds are he won't make an appearance once the season gets underway, but my fingers are crossed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been following them on the cameras, just hope I don't have to run off more trespassers, it spoils the hunt after that.

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    Love me some turkey hunting, I can't wait! I got a new full mount strutter decoy last year can't wait to get him out for some more action. First year with him killed three gobblers off him.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Has anyone had luck hunting public land? We went out last year (our first) but got out in the woods too late to see anything.

Top Bottom