• ...and so much more!
  • Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    He'll yea!!!

I know how hard it is running the gauntlet of IED's and choke points bristling with insurgents this nation has to offer on a daily basis.:patriot:

If you are the kind of cop that can't wait to brandish one of those, you are a ****tard.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    He'll yea!!!

I know how hard it is running the gauntlet of IED's and choke points bristling with insurgents this nation has to offer on a daily basis.:patriot:

If you are the kind of cop that can't wait to brandish one of those, or an elected official that believes he/she needs one, you are a ****tard.

I'm not anti cop, just anti "little man" syndrome cop.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He'll yea!!!

If you are the kind of cop that can't wait to brandish one of those, or an elected official that believes he/she needs one, you are a ****tard.

I'm not anti cop, just anti "little man" syndrome cop.

So I would assume that you feel that anyone who lives in a nice low-crime upscale neighborhood has no need for firearms then, correct? I mean, if you live in the heart of the perfect suburbian paradise, why on Earth would you need protection from the burglars and rapists that might invade your home on a nightly basis?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why should this bother the anti-cops?

If you don't believe that every department should have one, then you believe that cops should be shot. Simple as that.

It's a tool just like their vests- but a little heavier. I like the turret. :biggun:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

If you don't believe that every department should have one, then you believe that cops should be shot. Simple as that.

It's a tool just like their vests- but a little heavier. I like the turret. :biggun:
    thats a far stretch. The majority of cops don't get shot at thankfully. These types of vehicles are for specialized units not a patrol car.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    thats a far stretch. The majority of cops don't get shot at thankfully. These types of vehicles are for specialized units not a patrol car.

So you don't want officers shot but you also don't think they should be protected?? :dunno:

They are FREE so what's the harm?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

You have the logic skills of a 5 year old, and the historical aptitude of a newt.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Any edge you can give the cops in a bad situation is a good thing. This would be for very specialized missions. I think every major city should have at least one for the SWAT team. And as for free, well that is a matter of perspective. They have already been paid for. So free to the cities.

Hell Chicago cops should probably have a dozen of them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So you don't want officers shot but you also don't think they should be protected?? :dunno:

They are FREE so what's the harm?
    you mistook my words. I'm fine with them having them. I'm just saying give them to big departments that are more likely to need them before you give one to the hidden in bfe police department who only has to worry about the occasional rowdy moose on the loose.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im torn. While Im against militarization of cops by spending taxpayer dollars to level-up to ridiculous levels like this, the feds pretty much giving away equipment that would otherwise get scrapped seems (at least on the surface) to be a good use of taxpayer dollars.... Do they need good swat gear and protective trucks to take out psychos who barricade themselves with hostages? HELL yes. Do they need IED rated equipment with hardened mount points for a 50 cal? NO! But if its "free" why not? Who cares if its overkill. It serves the purpose of protection, and is nice to recycle unused equipment. If I need a drill for occasional use at home that a cheap generic Black and Decker would suffice, should I turn down a donated slightly used DeWalt or Makita simply because its overkill and unnecessary?

Then the :tinfoil: comes out and I wonder... "is this some sort of welfare for cops by an over eager federal gubment that has ulterior motives in getting the cops as well equipped as they are?" You know, for the kind of SHTF crap that Alex Jones, et al are going on about?

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    At my first career fire department job we received a armored surplus Humvee that we got for a dollar and we converted it into a light rescue with a 150 gallon foam tank that we could use on car fires. It made more sense than selling it to a civilian. And saved the taxpayers from buying a new truck for us.

Top Bottom