• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I am considering the deal they have with the Vortex Crossfire II. It is still hunting season and I can't find any good deals on Savage 110s used. Most inventory seems low. I may also just save for a SA Precision faaaar down the road. I think tax season will bring out some good used deals.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Kentucky Gun Company has great deals on T/C compasses. $272.83 with free shipping. Subtract the $75 rebate and that puts you at $197 with the only thing being needed is FFL transfer fee of $20-25.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=111667

Followed the link and then followed the rebate link on their website.

"$75 MAIL-IN REBATE. Offer Valid Between July 15 and December 31, 2017"

Did they extend the rebate or something? No mention of an extension.

Answered my own question. They have a new rebate good until April 30, 2018.

AIM TO SAVE
    JANUARY 1 - APRIL 30, 2018
    Buy any new T/C Arms firearm and get up to a $75 Smith & Wesson® Prepaid Mastercard®!
    The following T/C® products are included in this promotion: Venture, Compass, Dimension, G2 Contender, Encore Pro Hunter (Includes XT and FX), Triumph,
    Triumph Bone Collector, T/C® Strike and T/C® Impact!​

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Yeah, I picked up a Compass in 6.5 Creed back around Black Friday for $200 after the rebate. Now I'm thinking for the price I ought to have a .308 and a .223 as well. I'm calling KY in the morning to see if I can order both even though the .223 shows out of stock.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Jumped in with both feet. Got the 3-9X Vortex combo from KYGunCo.

The total cost was $363 with shipping insurance included at checkout- then $75 back with the rebate. Add the FFL fee of $25 when I pick it up.

So for around $300, I am getting a .308 bolt rifle and cheap scope with rings. It sounds like their shipping takes forever but I guess it will be warm by then! Looking forward to getting some handloads together and documenting the accuracy once I have it broken in. Depending on how it goes, I may upgrade the optic later.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Jumped in with both feet. Got the 3-9X Vortex combo from KYGunCo.

The total cost was $363 with shipping insurance included at checkout- then $75 back with the rebate. Add the FFL fee of $25 when I pick it up.

So for around $300, I am getting a .308 bolt rifle and cheap scope with rings. It sounds like their shipping takes forever but I guess it will be warm by then! Looking forward to getting some handloads together and documenting the accuracy once I have it broken in. Depending on how it goes, I may upgrade the optic later.

Um, I wouldn't nap too hard.
    I don't think KygunCo is as slow as you have been led to believe.
    I've had firearms purchased from them arrive in just days.
    YMMV

BTW- Was that the Compass, or Venture?

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Ah. I got the Compass. I say that because the "Text a Check" option says they hold checks 7-10 business days and then add 7-10 business days if they have to get it from their warehouse, something like that. It was
    the cheapest option, free shipping. I also have to send the physical check in.

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    I looked at Bud's, they're usually reasonable. Cabela's not usually reasonable but about same price. Maybe that low around Christmas? Where would you recommend? Remember that FFL transfers are $25.
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=111667

This one even has a threaded barrel. Shipping shouldn't be too bad, and I get 15$ transfers. So probably less than 225.

EDIT: I see you bought one. Please let me know how you like it because I was looking at that exact deal as well

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Followed the link and then followed the rebate link on their website.

"$75 MAIL-IN REBATE. Offer Valid Between July 15 and December 31, 2017"

Did they extend the rebate or something? No mention of an extension.

Answered my own question. They have a new rebate good until April 30, 2018.

AIM TO SAVE
    JANUARY 1 - APRIL 30, 2018
    Buy any new T/C Arms firearm and get up to a $75 Smith & Wesson® Prepaid Mastercard®!
    The following T/C® products are included in this promotion: Venture, Compass, Dimension, G2 Contender, Encore Pro Hunter (Includes XT and FX), Triumph,
    Triumph Bone Collector, T/C® Strike and T/C® Impact!​

The offer has now been extended into April, with a $75 muzzle break thrown in for free. Ordered a Compass in .308 just for the helluva it. Time will tell if they remember to toss in the muzzle break.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Wait, where is the free muzzle brake part? I want one too! From which place did you order yours, I need to call them! From KYGUNCO the shipping was lightning fast, unexpectedly with the "Text a Check" method.

Mine has been sitting so far, got it cleaned, relubed and shall get the range report within the month. The rebate is on its way now. And thanks billybob for the brass and pills!

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Rebate arrived Saturday. Muzzle Brake is free and on its way too, thanks to tenring's suggestion and KYGUNCO's customer service. Really impressed by them. Can't wait to shoot it and give a report. The break ins will be 150 grain.

Top Bottom